Talk about the recent Tours
 #144065  by Pigpen73

Has anyone gotten tix this way ?
Would you be denied if you sent in your request prior to the 20 th but the envelope didn't acually arrive until after the 20th ?
Is it based on arrival date or post mark date ?
I've experienced 50 shows but never tried mail order.
Thanks.
 #144069  by tntawney

I've gotten tickets this way since the 90's. They go by the Post Date. If you do it before, they will reject your order immediately. You have to follow all the rules to a tee, or you will be rejected. Also, most of the time you won't know if you got tickets or not until regular tickets go on sale to the public. When it works out you are stoked. If it doesn't, you are screwed. It helps if you send different money orders for different seating. It seems like everyone and their mother will be mail ordering for these shows, so good luck!

Instructional video is funny!
 #144072  by Poor Peter

I started mail ordering back in the mid-eighties, and ordering the least amount of tix possible was always the key. It just seemed like anytime I ordered more than 2, depending on the venue, I got shut out. My best seats were always when I mailed for just one. My friends did the same and were successful the same way. Just sayin....
 #144085  by SarnoMusicSolutions

Not just post date, but post date TIME OF DAY too, so get there early in the AM and have your money orders ready.

It's quite the flashback. I ordered all my tix this way countless dozens of times in the 80s.

B
 #144088  by TI4-1009

"This is a new message as of Jan. 16th. The Grateful Dead will be planying..." :-)
 #144106  by wfrobinette

SarnoMusicSolutions wrote:Not just post date, but post date TIME OF DAY too, so get there early in the AM and have your money orders ready.

It's quite the flashback. I ordered all my tix this way countless dozens of times in the 80s.

B

Brad,

I think they abandoned this practices. All postmarks from the same day get equal treatment.

On a side note. You used to get seating preference for local shows as well. 1 up front, one midway back and 1 horrible seat for 3 night runs. MO gave me Row 1 twice and row 3.

Bill
 #144107  by wfrobinette

Poor Peter wrote:I started mail ordering back in the mid-eighties, and ordering the least amount of tix possible was always the key. It just seemed like anytime I ordered more than 2, depending on the venue, I got shut out. My best seats were always when I mailed for just one. My friends did the same and were successful the same way. Just sayin....

Once my friend and I did this I ordered 1 and he ordered 1. Funny thing is Ruby sat us side by side. Was quite the coincidence.
 #144121  by Poor Peter

wfrobinette wrote:
Poor Peter wrote:I started mail ordering back in the mid-eighties, and ordering the least amount of tix possible was always the key. It just seemed like anytime I ordered more than 2, depending on the venue, I got shut out. My best seats were always when I mailed for just one. My friends did the same and were successful the same way. Just sayin....

Once my friend and I did this I ordered 1 and he ordered 1. Funny thing is Ruby sat us side by side. Was quite the coincidence.

Funny you mention that, my roommate and I each mailed separately for 1 tix each and we were three seats apart.