Chat about Equipment Info
 #80657  by Rusty the Scoob

FretWilkes wrote:
Rusty the Scoob wrote:IEdit... got the dimensions: 25.5" deep x 20" wide x 30" tall
COOL! Do you think they were insulated?
My guess is yes.... hopefully I can tell you in a few weeks! Or maybe Brad knows now.
 #80659  by FretWilkes

Rusty the Scoob wrote:
FretWilkes wrote:
Rusty the Scoob wrote:IEdit... got the dimensions: 25.5" deep x 20" wide x 30" tall
COOL! Do you think they were insulated?
My guess is yes.... hopefully I can tell you in a few weeks! Or maybe Brad knows now.
Thanks, I'd be interested.

Now you've got me dreaming of building a couple. I need to secure a new bass rig.
 #80663  by FretWilkes

Rusty the Scoob wrote:Cross your fingers for me and maybe you can come up and try out my new cabs sometime soon. :cool:
No THAT sound like fun!

I'll keep my fingers and EYES crossed too.

Best of luck.
 #80687  by ugly rumor

Regarding insulation...if it's not, it should be. Bass cabinets need that to control the mids and highs.
 #136588  by modz

I haven't been on RUK for a while but I'm getting ready to build a WOS 15" cab for Skip (new bassist in DSO) and was doing some fact checking on my dimensions.
What I have been using is 18.5" x 28.5 " x   depth  24.5"
I had a chance to talk to Bear a few times and he was super nice and offered a lot of insight. I'm looking for our original emails but as I remember, I think he said they insulated with carpet???? Looking for any info! I'm not sure on how far the speaker board is set back but 1.5" seem to be the norm. I'm going to make a wooden speaker cover for Skip's, with magnets holding it on.