Chat about Equipment Info
 #156444  by Dozin

Do you use this Nick?
 #156445  by aiq

i have an older version, not a pedal, that I have used on home recordings. It really does not correct bad singing but can be a nice effect.

More an enhancement than an auto tune type thing.

I like it enough that I copped one of those pedals above and thanks for the heads up.
 #156461  by strumminsix

Dozin wrote:Do you use this Nick?
Chris, no I don't. Have witnessed it live. It made things better without being magical or obvious. Brings up a level, IMO. Plus it can add things that you can't get at some bars:
- Reverb / delay on demand
- Dynamic EQ'ing
 #157981  by utar090

I am also curious about that. :hail:
Last edited by utar090 on Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #158035  by Ebearius

aiq wrote:i have an older version, not a pedal, that I have used on home recordings. It really does not correct bad singing but can be a nice effect.

More an enhancement than an auto tune type thing.

I like it enough that I copped one of those pedals above and thanks for the heads up.

I use the Mike Mechanic pedal. You are correct. It doesn't turn bad singing into good singing. But, it has taken my vocals from god-awful, all the way up to sub-adequate.
 #158050  by Kaifusha

FWIW, I have the TC Helicon Play Acoustic, which does what the mic mechanic does plus the harmonies (which I don't really use) and other stuff. If that's the same effect, it's subtle but smooths out my vocals. The compression seem to make my microphone a little more forgiving with regards to distance or being slightly off axis causing the volume vary (i.e. I get more consistent volume), which is what I like most about it.