Chat about Equipment Info
 #153989  by joeriz

After a period of not being too sure about my Earth Drive I am really enjoying it now. For me, it works well both as a traditional overdrive and also as an almost 'always on' flavoring...so much so that I'm now toying with the idea of stacking two of them. Does anyone here have experience with stacking two Earth Drives? I'm currently stacking it with an OCD. However, the OCD just sounds somewhat artificial after listening to the ED. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Joe
 #153990  by Seriesnuns

I use mine with my AM Maxon OD9 silver modded. I've used it before and after. It currently have it set to mid gain. A very versatile pedal.

I find myself getting more and more of Brads equipment. This, the black box, and a JG preamp currently.
 #153997  by tcsned

I stack my Earth Drive with my T-Rex Dr Swamp and it sounds great. One of these days I'll get a second ED. It would be awesome if Brad would make a double ED pedal (hint, hint, nudge, nudge) :cool:
 #153998  by MattMan

I like using the ED at minimum Drive before my MXR+ Series 2000. This gives me two different tonal options for my MXR+ distortion. Without the ED, the distortion is biting, bright, gnarly, perfect for Hell in Bucket. Minglewood; with the ED, the distortion is a tad warmer, a little more compressed, perfect for Loser, Valerie. With my programmable looper, its easy to set up different configurations. I also like using the ED after the Mutron for a little more clipping when needed in Shakedown, Estimated, etc.

I admit I use the ED sparingly.
 #153999  by Searing75

I use the ED on at all times for a clean grit, and then use an OD 1 and a ts9 silver option on top of it.