Chat about Equipment Info
 #148235  by hippieguy1954

Only if the guitar OBEL signal can hit the built in effects first before the preamp section.

Then the signal (after the effects) via the OBEL cable TRS plug goes back to the guitar to the volume pot and then out the normal TS cable back to the preamp.

So, it seems it is not feasible without huge mods to your amp. You would need a input directly to the effects and a post effects output for the OBEL.

The input and output would have to be wired to one stereo jack to accommodate the TRS jack that the OBEL requires for the send and return.
 #148257  by hippieguy1954

I'm not familiar with the line 6 stuff at all and don't know if that will get you there or not, but I know precisely how the On Board Effects Loop (OBEL) works and it doesn't seem logical to have the OBEL and an effects loop in the modeling amp for the built in effects.

I have a feeling that after a lot of research and possibly a lot of work modding your amp, you might end up using some analog effects and the OBEL after all and trashing the whole idea.

If it were me, I would leave the modeling amp alone and get a straight up twin, pro, deluxe, or even a blues jr III, depending on how much power you want and go with some analog effects for the OBEL.
 #148269  by GoodFoot73

I've got a few Twins (late 60's), other Fenders, Marshalls, Vox, Mesa, a few custom builds, and probably 200 pedals. They've been collecting various levels of dust (not really, they're all covered) since 1996, when I got my AX2. I've done blind test with audiophiles, pro players, and studion engineers, etc., and the Line 6 (I've been adjusting the presets for almost 20 years) fools everybody. I can get it to sound like any combination of the above, and only have to carry one thing and plug it in. Great amp. You can pick one up for $150-250 these days (i keep and extra for preset preservation0.

Just wanting to try to get that OBEL control over effects/volume, like everybody else.

The search continues..
 #148342  by NorthboundRain

Yes, so long as the modeler has an effects loop that can be placed before the amp in the signal chain.

Plug the OBEL Send into the main input
choose whatever effect blocks you want, followed by the effect loop block
the effect loop Send on the modeller feeds the return of your OBEL
plug the main guitar out into the effect loop return.
place the amp/cab/etc. models after the effect loop block

if your unit doesn't have the effect loop you can achieve the same effect by leaving your guitar volume full and placing a Volume Pedal after the OBEL effects. In this setup I call "Poor Mans OBEL" the volume pedal replaces the role of the guitar volume pot.