Chat about Equipment Info
 #141108  by Jon S.

My band would like to have some band t-shirts made. We need to find someone to design the logo/picture and someone to print and sell us the t-shirts.

For the logo/picture, we'd like a father skeleton holding the hands of little boy and girl skeletons with the band's name over it in a "Deadish" font.

Then we need someone to print or silk-screen the shirts (iron on's might be an option, too).

Can anyone recommend someone for this? (If you band sells t-shirts, how do you do it?)

Thanks.
 #141116  by SlowTexasZim

Jon, a couple of thoughts...

1)Is there a local booking agent in your scene that you could talk to about who is supplying the local bands with tshirts, stickers, etc?

2)If you can find an artist/graphic design in your scene, then that person can make the art that you want to be screen printed on your shirts. The design will need to be in Illustrator or Adobe file.

3)Once you have your design, then there usually are lots of local screen printers, ask the local booster club at the high school, they are always making shirts for the kids.

4)Always Online...there are tons of tshirt makers, use one close to you to save on shipping costs.

When I make shirts for my Hootenanny, I use a childhood friend who is a graphic designer and I use a local screen printer. I buy my shirts through San Mar and bring the shirts to the screen printer to save a little bit of money. It shouldn't be that hard, just a little bit of leg work.

Good Luck!
Zim
 #141121  by Jon S.

Excellent, thanks, Zim.
 #141129  by flyingheelhook

I am in a similar stage but doing all my own graphic work and then looking at various online printers to accomplish the printing in different stages. My thought is that we are not yet at the point where selling Tshirts is worth investment but we do need business cards. As we book gigs I will slowly look at stickers, bumper stickers, shirts etc. but from a business point of view, I need to see more of a return on investment first. :lol:
 #141133  by FrettyBoy

We submitted art to Cafepress and then they create a little "store" for you.

It's not the cheapest way out if you are buying, BUT you don't have to carry any inventory, you can buy one-off T-shirts, and people can place orders themselves without going through the band. You also get quite a selection of goods.

So far we've gotten T-shirts, fridge magnets, buttons, even a lunch bag for my wife all emblazoned with the MillRat logo attached to my account here.

EDIT: here's a look - http://www.cafepress.com/themillrats

Just another option for you...good luck!
Fred