Chat about Equipment Info
 #139361  by Lstocker

CAN SOMEONE SUGGEST A GOOD QUALITY STEREO Y CABLE SOURCE
 #139367  by tcsned

milobender wrote:I prefer a breakout box... is there some reason you prefer the Y cable?
+1 on the breakout box.
 #139374  by Lstocker

GOING FROM GUITAR TO EFEECTS LOOP THEN TO PEDAL BOARD TO AMP-I THOUGHT THIS WAS THE PROPER SCHEME...THANKS
 #139375  by milobender

The OBEL set up guitar sends the signal from the guitar to the effects loop, back to the guitar, thru the main volume, and back out to the amplifier. A Y cable and mono send from the guitar to the amp can be used, the breakout box simply acts as a 'hub' to plug all the cables from the guitar into one location, and can be mounted on the pedal board. It's just a more solid and tidy solution than the Y cable, in my estimation.
 #139382  by hippieguy1954

There is a great and simple wiring diagram of the OBEL Network Box wiring at Waldo's web site here: scroll down about 1/3rd
http://www.wald-electronics.com/misc.html

All you need is the enclosure, three jacks, and some wire. If you have a soldering iron and can solder you are good to go.
 #139384  by flyingheelhook

Lstocker, you probably don't know this but typing in all caps is considered the equivalent to SHOUTING at someone on the internet. I am sure that is not your intent but you might want to consider typing in lower case. 8)
 #139395  by TI4-1009