Chat about Equipment Info
 #137934  by jx2638

I'm running a Mutron (true bypass via Lingenberg Sound) through a beater Twin at a rehearsal space. When the pedal is activated with the amp volume at 6 the pedal sound is distorted/horrible and unusable. If the Twin volume is dialed back to 3 the Mu sounds great. This doesn't seem right...or is it normal? Why does the amp volume have so much impact on the ultimate sound of the Mu? Thanks!
 #137940  by jx2638

Peak/Gain on Mu around 10-11pm. Interestingly, while this occurs, dialing gain/peak up or down makes no impact on sound. Yes on buffer and yes on fx loop (however loop not used here...plugged directly into Mu then amp. Guitar middle pickup used at mid-volume.
 #137941  by TI4-1009

jx2638 wrote: Interestingly, while this occurs, dialing gain/peak up or down makes no impact on sound.

That doesn't sound right??
 #137944  by tatittle

How strange....the gain/peak have no affect on signal when amp is at 6 volume, but they do when it is lower 3 volume? Could this be some kind of impedance issue. I take it you have the correct jacks on Mutron plugged in (they are reversed from typical layout).
Never had problems on another amp, even at that high volume? There could be something wrong with the amp that is shooting down the line and screwing with the Mutron I imagine, but I am hardly an EEG. I would try the Normal channel on the amp, although they are not isolated fully on a Twin so the problem may persist.