Chat about Equipment Info
 #127725  by Smolder

Great amps. I've owned a bunch and still have a R66, Z28, M12 and a Carmen Ghia. All are in contrast to fenders and marshals. I did own a Maz18 NR and it was a great amp, just too clean and revealing for my sloppy playing at the time. Ought to look into one again, but I think I have enough for the time being.
 #127730  by tcsned

One of my former bandmates owns a store that was a dealer, I played one there and loved it. Wasn't it a EL84 amp? Not that Jerry-ish but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. They make some nice stuff.
 #127736  by tumbledownshack

Ya it does have EL84s

Its 38 watts, it better be loud enough.
The guys in my band are loud and we re 3 piece jam band, not a metal band.

I was looking into getting a Mesa Mark 1 reissue, but I don't know if it is still available

Do you guys have any suggestions? I m looking for a combo amp, 12" speaker, at least 35 watts and the amp doesn't need to have any effects or high gain, or even reverb.
 #127752  by tcsned

It all depends on your budget - I'd also look at Rivera, Carr, Zinky/Supro, Victoria. The Carr amps I've played through have been about the best sounding amps I've ever heard. They all make a 6L6 amp in the 35-50w range. There's a bunch out there.
 #127890  by Jon S.

I'd rank the Maz Sr. 38 w/reverb I played a couple of years back at a local "Voxy amp shootout" to be among the best sounding amps I've played in my life. Very loud and it can get that Vox "crushed glass" tone as well as much more. It might work well for jam band music with single coils.

I was glad to see, when I opened your email, that you were not discussing the EZG50. I owned one for 6 months and sold it. People are all over the map on this one but I didn't like it. It was too bassy even with the bass control on zero and lacked the signature Fender sparkly highs we know and love, at least for me. I sold it.