#21472  by BlobWeird

Do you have Reckoning? if so listen to Deep Elem Blues. Listen to the chorus and youll hear a VERY high pitched voice. thats good old bobby.

#21477  by LazyLightnin

Bobby does that all the time, often in the last few lines of a song when he's all pumped, i used to think it was strange but its just Bobby all energized. hard to swallow at first yes but its Bobby and hes wailin'!

i think Bobbys songwriting made for some great outro's, he always gets to shout over and over the last lines, i think its freakin awsome!

Brent is the high voice on reckoning, he did some higher vocals 79- i dunno early 80's listen close and youll be able to follow Brents maturity in his playing and singing over just a short 5 year period.

#21479  by lostsailor8782

there are some Buckets from the early 80's where Bobby just looses his mind and goes crazy with the falsetto voice

#21492  by BlobWeird

LazyLightnin wrote: Brent is the high voice on reckoning, he did some higher vocals 79- i dunno early 80's listen close and youll be able to follow Brents maturity in his playing and singing over just a short 5 year period.
Those high vocals you hear behind Jerry in the chorus are definitely Bobby.

#21500  by LazyLightnin

then whos doing the high voice during Bobby songs? its the same vocal.

#21509  by BlobWeird

hmm do you have an example? Because im certain thats Bobby. If Brent came out of the grave and said thats him I still wouldnt believe it lol

#21511  by myoung6923

Brent did a lot of the high harmonies - that was one of the big attraction that the dead had towards him - they needed someone that could hit those high harmonies that Donna used to get. I think that Berent had a great voice to those high parts.

#21514  by Winterland

Weir also used to freak out on Estimated in the 80's Healy had the echos really going. Mayby it was the doses? LOL

#21515  by AugustWest

I like the opener on downhill from here where bobby treats the alpine valley crowd with some high register spirit on the very first song of the night. "all night long" That is when you know bobby means it.

#21530  by shakedown_04092

Thanks for the morning laugh, this thread had me cracking up reacing you guys' posts! :lol:

#21547  by BlobWeird

myoung6923 wrote:Brent did a lot of the high harmonies - that was one of the big attraction that the dead had towards him - they needed someone that could hit those high harmonies that Donna used to get. I think that Berent had a great voice to those high parts.
Dont get me wrong here. I know Brent does high harmonies. Ive heard enough 80's to tell this. But that recording isnt Brent. Bobbys voice is obvious there. At least to me it is. Maybe give it another listen and youll see.