#42289  by sack the wack

New policy at work now and we have to listen to old shows. Good thing I make the policy. Anyway, can someone tab the intro to Werewolves, you know, the famous repeating riff. I don't have enough lifetimes to figure it out myself cause if I 'listen to the music play', I get confused. Any key works. Just wondering too, the site shows it starting with a Dmaj chord. How would you solo with that. Doesn't look like key of D? Thanx boys and girls.

#42292  by caspersvapors

in 78 the boys usually played it in G, and you can use G major or G blues easily

its really simple, just 3 chords

it goes G-D-C then a quick little G-C-G repeat

just quick strums on each chord

#42310  by Billbbill

The intro goes something like this

--D----C----G

g-7-7--5-5--4-4-5-4--
d-9-7--7-5--5-5-5-5--

you can dress it up with fuller shapes and hammer on the 9 and 7 on the D and C shapes. I think I recall jg doing the G-C-G7 deal over the G at times as well.

Solo wise the easy answer is play G ionian/pentatonic.

#42503  by sack the wack

Or at least a bunch of hillbillies. They shouldn't ougtha throw stones and dis my boy Neil.

#42514  by strumminsix

Don't forget the riff goes:
Code: Select all
V6 V5 | IV6 IV5 | I5 I5 I6 I5

#42518  by sack the wack

Hey strummin, can you decode that a little. I understand the Ichord, Vchord etc, not sure on following number. Are we starting with Ichord as G? Am I going to say duh after you give me the answer?

#42520  by strumminsix

D6 D5 | C6 C5 | G5 G5 G6 G5

Re:

#62685  by Mick

strumminsix wrote:D6 D5 | C6 C5 | G5 G5 G6 G5
OK, I'll admit to being clueless. What do the numbers mean? Any tab help here, or what the notes are? Sorry to be so thick-headed.
 #62686  by Tennessee Jedi

Mick wrote:
OK, I'll admit to being clueless. What do the numbers mean? Any tab help here, or what the notes are? Sorry to be so thick-headed.
trying sticking your pinky out ......ala Chuck Berry rhythm ....
:D
 #62687  by Mick

Tennessee Jedi wrote:
Mick wrote:
trying sticking your pinky out ......ala Chuck Berry rhythm ....
Huh????
 #62689  by Tennessee Jedi

fret chord D chord open ...... place pinky on "G" note ......
try the pinky move elsewhere on neck too ....

Re:

#62691  by strumminsix

sack the wack wrote:Hey strummin, can you decode that a little. I understand the Ichord, Vchord etc, not sure on following number. Are we starting with Ichord as G? Am I going to say duh after you give me the answer?
Mick wrote:
Bro, seriously, gotta google some of this stuff and bone up! Surely I may sound like an ass but it will help you get to the next level.

Here it is in tab form:
Code: Select all
D----9-7----7-5---------------------------
A----5-5----3-3------5-5-7-5--------------
E--------------------3-3-3-3--------------