#30361  by will frm richmond

im learning to play guitar and im upset because i can not find, anywhere on the net, the tabs or music for the lead guitar in We Can Run. Im sure there is someone out there that can play it and it would be great if they would tab it for the world.

#30366  by GratefulPat

watch a video, or just listen carefully
 #30369  by shakedown_04092

will frm richmond wrote:im learning to play guitar and im upset because i can not find, anywhere on the net, the tabs or music for the lead guitar in We Can Run. Im sure there is someone out there that can play it and it would be great if they would tab it for the world.
Hmmm...I may look into that for ya, I also love the song and wish they'd a-played it more. Which version, from Built To Last or a live version?

#30375  by CountryMile Cadillac

I always liked this tune too. Anybody in Raliegh NC when they played and the fans took the grass hill at the far end of Carter Finley Stadium? Same show that during Promised Land there was a power failure. anyway I always remember the energy flowing around at that show and Brent screaming We Can Run as the crowd came through.

ah, the memories

Cool video too that was made for this song..

#30379  by krzykat

Talk about a powerful song! the lyrics in this just get ya. . . you know right >here <. I would love to have the leads tabed out as well

#30574  by will frm richmond

I would learn it myself by listening but unfortunatley im not good enough. I seriously have searched every where for the tabs and would have the utmost appreciation for the pioneer willing to work the song out.

thanks
 #30644  by tigerstrat

[quote="shakedown_04092] I also love the song and wish they'd a-played it more. Which version, from Built To Last or a live version?[/quote]

They did play it pretty frequently, 88-90. I always liked it but I remember people occaissionally complaining, things like "they just played this song two shows ago" stuff like that. I don't recall the album version being different from the live.

#30774  by shakedown_04092

:oops: Haven't had a chance to get on it yet, but it's on my to-do list...

#30819  by shakedown_04092

Alright, forced myself into it, only had time for the intro & a lick JG does right after the 2nd verse, leading into the chorus. Let me know what you think and of course any comments/quibbles/complaints/corrections are encouraged (working off the studio version, fwiw):
Code: Select all
[intro]
E ---------12---------------|-----9-10-10p9p7---------
B ---12b14----12b14r12-10~--|---9-------------10p9~---
G --------------------------|-------------------------
D --------------------------|-------------------------
A --------------------------|-------------------------
E --------------------------|-------------------------

E -----------------------------------------|---------12----------
B ---9-10-9--------9-10----------10-12-10--|---12b14----12b14~---
G ----------11--11------------11-----------|---------------------
D -----------------------9^11--------------|---------------------
A -----------------------------------------|---------------------
E -----------------------------------------|---------------------

E -----------------|-------------------------------------9-10~---
B ---12b14p11p10---|---9-10—12p10p9-10------9-10---10^12---------
G -----------------|---------------------------------------------
D -----------------|---------------------------------------------
A -----------------|---------------------------------------------
E -----------------|---------------------------------------------

[riff 1]
E ---12-----------------------------
B ------12b14r12—10h12----10--------
G ---------------------11----11-9---
D ----------------------------------
A ----------------------------------
E ----------------------------------

#31039  by will frm richmond

thanks alot, im seriously pretty damn impressed.

thank you

#31159  by shakedown_04092

Don't thank me - thank everyone here and everywhere else in this world for allowing me to do it :oops:
 #77552  by onlinejack

Great stuff...

If you are not familiar with John's music or would like to find some cool Americana stuff, check out the Steam Powered Preservation Society site at: