#55254  by GratefulPat

dont get me wrong, ive heard my fair share of 73 dead and this.....what the hell??????

give the wave that flag a listen... i figured ok, us blues... sure enough, different lyrics??????

http://www.archive.org/details/gd1973-0 ... 12571.shnf

anyone tell me more about this?
 #55257  by CountryMile Cadillac

Fun stuff eh? It's always fun to hear a different set of lyrics. They did that a hand full of times back in 73 usually (iirc) with a defferent lyrics most times.

Shoot the breeze, lose the keys
Feed the poor, stop the war
 #55260  by Tennessee Jedi

Oh no ! .... wait til he hears THEY LOVE EACH OTHER .....
:cool:
 #55262  by tigerstrat

I thought this was a thread about a moment in the life of Lil' Jon. 8) HWATTT! OH-KAY...
 #55264  by jonarobb

It's like an archeological dig.
 #55265  by warrenMFKNhaynes

Yea i was freaked out when i first heard that too. i heard it on the bonus disc to Mars Hotel from the Beyond Description box set.
 #55266  by strumminsix

Dudes... Listen to more Dead! Songs evolved. Timing changed. Tempos changed. Lyrics changed! It's a beautiful thing!!!
 #55267  by jonarobb

I heard Wave That Flag before I ever heard US Blues. First Boots were 2/15/73, 2/13/70 and 6/10/73. Then my grandmother thought she was being hip by giving me Steal Your Face for Chanukah that year(1978). I remember even then that the tapes sounded better then the Album.
 #55268  by GratefulPat

i was under the impression they were the same thing,... and ive heard the 73 TLEOs many times. this was just a shocker
 #55269  by willmusic

Speaking of evolving Dead tunes, I'm listening to a righteous Main Ten jam at the moment and (in Spicoli voice) "..it's like it's Playin in the Band, dude, but like only it's not." Seriously though, listening to all these songs evolve is fun indeed.