#29382  by GratefulFloyd

i was walking to class last night, I had US Blues on from the grateful dead movie soundtrack, and i was bobbin my head, just rollin along enjoying the tune, and during one of the first "wave thaaaat flaaag" i look up and there is a big uncle sam poster right next to me. made me chuckle a little bit

#29400  by BlobWeird

lol love when things like that happen. Love the solo to that version too. So quick and uppity. Wouldnt change one note from that solo. Its perfect.

#29412  by bodiddley

That is, without a doubt, my favorite version of US Blues.

#29420  by BlobWeird

I have the soundtrack so I dont have to deal with that crap. Couldnt stand how they botched that version with all the SFX. Besides that they should have at least had the real video to it somewhere in there.

#29517  by shakedown_04092

bodiddley wrote:That is, without a doubt, my favorite version of US Blues.
The spunion in the front row with the overalls tops it off :lol: :cool:

#29587  by warrenMFKNhaynes

haha i feel so stupid... until now i thought that the flame ball SFX was real....lol

#29592  by bodiddley

I think it is real. They use to have some dude that liked playing with fire light off these huge balls of lighter fluid or some shit on the stage. I remember reading about this dude in one of my GD books.

#29596  by BlobWeird

Yeah there is pyrotechnics at the show there. But im talkin about the intro to the Dead Movie with all the SFX goin on. Yeah that guy in the overalls is great. He wigs out during one song. Casey Jones maybe?

#29615  by bodiddley

Well, I guess if we have to blame anyone it's Jer. It (the movie) was his baby.

I would just be happy as a pig in shit if I got to see an uncut video of the "Eyes>China Doll" In the movie version just as phil starts his solo they start cutting to all this backstage stuff...bummer!

#29626  by BlobWeird

bodiddley wrote:Well, I guess if we have to blame anyone it's Jer. It (the movie) was his baby.

I would just be happy as a pig in shit if I got to see an uncut video of the "Eyes>China Doll" In the movie version just as phil starts his solo they start cutting to all this backstage stuff...bummer!
Yeah I was rather upset about that.

#29632  by warrenMFKNhaynes

bodiddley wrote:I liked playing with these huge balls
hehehehehehehe