#114467  by ebick

I really like this song and I would like to play it, but I have always had a tough time with the "Tell You What I'll do" through "you're my woman now, make yourself"

I know the chords that are listed in the published books.....I just have never been able to play them so that they sound correct.....or even close.

so.....if you play it and think you have that part, I'd love to see a vid and a bit of tutoledge. :)
 #114479  by ebick

strumminsix wrote:How are you voicing that first chord E7+9?

Try arepegiating an E7+9-5 from the 7th fret then also from the 7th that A7 and toss in an A7s4 with it.
So, let's go over that.....

E = E G# B
E7 = E G# B D
E7+9 = E G# B D F#
E7+9-5 = E G# D F#

Is that correct?
 #114480  by strumminsix

ebick wrote:
strumminsix wrote:How are you voicing that first chord E7+9?

Try arepegiating an E7+9-5 from the 7th fret then also from the 7th that A7 and toss in an A7s4 with it.
So, let's go over that.....

E = E G# B
E7 = E G# B D
E7+9 = E G# B D F#
E7+9-5 = E G# D F#

Is that correct?
yup, the "Hendrix chord" off the 7th fret!
 #114481  by rugger

E7+9-5=E9-5 or E9b5? By adding the 9, isn't it assumed the dom7 is still included? Not sure. Regardless, the flat 5 of E is Bb which hasn't been included. So I think the spelling should be:

E(1), G#(3), Bb(-5), D(7), F#(9)

John in San Diego
 #114497  by gr8fulbluz

DenverEd wrote:We just worked this one up and fully cheat by just wanking an E7. :oops:
My All time favorite GD song.
fully cheat by just wanking an E7.
That is the way I played it when i did and by myself. I totally approximated. I have not tried it in a good many years. I am gonna look at the old ice nine book tonight, love that song book, many good times listenin and learning.
till we all fall down
:peas:
 #151322  by mkaufman

My take on the chorus is this:

Em(1) -> A7 -> Em (1) -> A7
Em(2) -> B7 -> E7 -> A(7) -> D -> Dm -> Am -> E

For the Em chord, I'm on the 7th fret.

For Em(1), play the top three strings so B is the top note (E/G/B).
For Em(2), play strings 2, 3 & 4 so G is the top note (B/E/G).

On the 2nd line, A or A7 works.

ace