#115863  by Pete B.

You only need the stuff after the first equal sign "=".
Hit the quote button on this post to see what goes in the Youtube brackets.
Last edited by Pete B. on Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #115866  by pianobennyha

i will eventually go back and do it again with out the mistakes but im just so excited that i got this far..
 #116112  by Adam Deckard

Hey dude great cover! You sound good man. I've always loved this one but never thought to figure it out cause it just seems hard but damn man im gonna have to.
 #116116  by tcsned

Nicely done! Just reminds me how much we need to get a keyboard player again.
 #116194  by mijknahs

tcsned wrote:Nicely done! Just reminds me how much we need to get a keyboard player again.
Keyboards are as essential as bass in my opinion...
 #116214  by jackr

Very nice. You have a good voice, nice pitch and nice tone.
 #116216  by Tennessee Jedi

mijknahs wrote:
tcsned wrote:Nicely done! Just reminds me how much we need to get a keyboard player again.
They are a " key " ingredient I think .....
:-)
We are trying out a guy Friday night - I hope its a match
They dont seem to grow on trees or are playing in bands that make money or something ...
:smile:
 #116217  by strumminsix

mijknahs wrote:
Sometimes keyboards are essentially bass in my opinion.. :lol:
 #116221  by jeffm725

mijknahs wrote:
Im a sucker for keys too, but there is some interesting stuff in 1971 as a 4 piece.
 #116228  by tcsned

I'm all for picking up a good keys player - they seem rarer than hen's teeth here in the Blueridge. The good ones we can get to sit in but they keep pretty busy to be locked into anything permanent. I do like the space that a 4 piece band allows, it's easier to turn on a dime with fewer people too. That being said, I'd still love to have one.
 #116266  by mttourpro

If you're in a working band (ie getting paid reasonably for gigs) looking for a keyboard player for GD-based music and striking out finding one, I'd just go to any college music school and post your info---there's a TON of piano players out there---dime a dozen IMHO---they'll want paid but they should have no problem quickly learning tunes as needed. It's not like they'd be needing to memorize a 3 part Sonata in 2 weeks.

As for GD without keys---I think it's workable on a lot of songs but, there's a also some tunes that I think should be off limits without one---however, that never seemed to stop a LOT of bands I've seen from doing them anyhow.

I struggle at times to make things work without a second guitar player---to me, that's just as difficult with a lot of tunes.
 #116269  by tcsned

I hear you, you'd think that a college town it wouldn't be that hard. It's also a pretty small town so I know most of the players here even the young kids. The music program has been slipping since Chip McNeil left and they haven't been attracting a lot of talent, at least piano talent. There's probably 4 or 5 guys out there I the whole area, play with a couple of them but they stY pretty busy. It'd be nice to have one steady person.