#61765  by strumminsix

Are you Jerry guys on here using pinch harmonics and a modified little interlude?

I've heard lotsa Jerry guys just play it straight through and I always feel something is missing.
 #61771  by Tennessee Jedi

strumminsix wrote:Are you Jerry guys on here using pinch harmonics and a modified little interlude?

I've heard lotsa Jerry guys just play it straight through and I always feel something is missing.
Are you talking the F - G - C part ?
Or the riff after that ?
I walk into the F.
right after the " Dog " part ( the " C " ) I like to do a pre bend and release type thing. Sometimes grab a stationary note whilst bending and releasing ...
Squeals are what make the song fun fun fun !
sung to the tune " The Other One "
Strumming !
Strumming !
strumming a - rounnnd
strumming a - roouuunnnnddd !
peace bro
:D
 #61772  by Chuckles

I assumed Strummin' was talking about plying a lead over that part of the verse during a solo...

Pinch harmonics (sorry, quick search, first thing to come up in a search, but it shows the technique)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I5O8P-r5Rk
 #61773  by Tennessee Jedi

Chuckles wrote:I assumed Strummin' was talking about plying a lead over that part of the verse during a solo...

Pinch harmonics (sorry, quick search, first thing to come up in a search, but it shows the technique)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I5O8P-r5Rk
Hmmmmm. I was thinking he was asking if the Jerrys just play the riff the same each time without changing it up ?
Strumming ?
 #61782  by strumminsix

Tennessee Jedi wrote:
strumminsix wrote:Are you Jerry guys on here using pinch harmonics and a modified little interlude?

Are you talking the F - G - C part ?
Or the riff after that ?
I walk into the F.
right after the " Dog " part ( the " C " ) I like to do a pre bend and release type thing. Sometimes grab a stationary note whilst bending and releasing ...
Squeals are what make the song fun fun fun !
sung to the tune " The Other One "
Strumming !
Strumming !
strumming a - rounnnd
strumming a - roouuunnnnddd !
peace bro
The riff Jerry plays after, "and kicked my dog". With squealies/pinch harmonics and a some bends and kinda going all crazy but still keeps the notes pretty darn similar to what he always plays after each sung line.
 #61786  by b weird

What years did Jerry use pinch harmonics? All the time? I can honestly say I've never noticed it.
 #61787  by ThePilgrim

The solos for loser during the mid 70's contain a lot of pinch harmonics....sounds beautiful.
 #61788  by GratefulPat

almost every 72 tennessee jed uses excessive pinch harmonics, every loser solo ive heard has them... the list goes on... i cant believe youve never heard them bweird
 #61792  by Chuckles

Give a listen to the Kean College JGB show's (2/28/80?) Catfish John - they're all over it during the solo. I mean, it's not ZZ Top LaGrange stuff, but they're there and used liberally.
 #61797  by jackr

I am not a very good "jerry guy" but I use them often and definitely during this tune.