#38973  by jlg327

Ok, I've only really come to appreciate this tune as of late, when a friend was getting rid of a little nylon guitar, a toy for all intents, and I decided to take it off of his hands instead of letting him toss it. I'm having a blast messing around with it.

Anyone know the chords that Bobby plays in this?

Tried playing it on the piano, and it seems that it is some sort of walk-up of extensions. I'm hoping I used the correct terminology there: I took piano lessons for 5 years and am a self-taught (read: poor) guitarist, thus I know very little music theory.

The lead notes over the E chord appear to be B, C(natural), D(natural), C(natural), B.

In this video clip, I can see Bobby playing it in the "C-shape" at roughly the 4th-5th fret.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTSZOQTG-Yc

Does anyone know what he's playing? Would anyone be kind enough to figure it out?

I have really begun to respect Bobby's work as of late. I remember buying a t-shirt at a Further Festival back in '98 or so, and it said "Bobby fans are people too!" At first I liked it for the kitsch value, but now I'm beginning to see what Bobby fans have known for so long!

I'm a frequent lurker, an infrequent poster. I want to thank this site's administrators for everything they've done. I was looking at this three-ring binder that I used to bring with me to my best friend's house when we'd jam as kids, and I noticed that I had tabs in there from this site that I had printed out in 1996! I love what you guys do, keep up the good work!

#39047  by deadguise

Here's a shot:

-----------------------------0----
-----------------------------0----
-----4---7----4--5--7--5--4--5----
-6---6---9----5--7--9--7--5--7----
-7--------------------------------
----------------------------------

#39050  by jlg327

Sounds good deadguise! Thanks for the help.