#145295  by oceanbear11

Hello all,
I've searched the wide world over and been unsuccessful in finding a good tab for "Bombs Away." I really do like this song, and if anyone out there in Deadland knows anything about playing it, I would sure appreciate a tip or two. I understand Bob has very large hands and can grab chords that some can't, and thus the one tab I found for it was pretty much unplayable, but I keep hope.
Anyway, if anyone has knowledge of this song and an extra minute or two, don't be shy.
-Oceanbear
 #145327  by joethepainter

You should try and play this tune in a totally soundproofed room, alone, at 3am on an arbitrary Tuesday that you tell no one about beforehand.
Then, when you get Bombs Away under your belt, it's time to step it up, and tackle this gem...

I'm just kidding, man. Welcome to the forum! :D
 #145331  by gr8fullfred

Technically speaking, Bombs Away is NOT a Grateful Dead song, it is Bobby and the Midnights song.

And I am willing to admit this: I actually saw Bobby and the Midnights!

I stand corrected its a Bob Weir song. And do not get me wrong, Bobby has written some great songs, Bombs Away is just not one of them.

Who is the guitar player in the Bombs Away video?
Last edited by gr8fullfred on Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #145333  by gr8fullfred

Ok Imagine this: Jerry watching videos of both "Bombs Away" and "I want to live in America". Then try to imagine what Jerry is thinking. Post your thoughts on what Jerry is thinking after watching the two videos.
 #145337  by joethepainter

Sooo, I see that the OP is a new member, who is 15 years old. Like I stated in my above post, I was just kidding around, and I apologize to oceanbear11 for making light of your request for tablature to 'Bombs Away'.
I don't know of any that are readily available, perhaps another member can help you out. :-)

Peace,

Joe
 #145343  by oceanbear11

joethepainter wrote:Sooo, I see that the OP is a new member, who is 15 years old. Like I stated in my above post, I was just kidding around, and I apologize to oceanbear11 for making light of your request for tablature to 'Bombs Away'.
Hey, that's alright. I can understand. Sometimes I do wonder why I have any interest, but other times I really love it and want to learn it. It varies, but I just happen to like the "Heaven Help the Fool" album overall.
But anyway, don't worry about it. Like I said, it's understandable. :smile:
 #145344  by oceanbear11

Just checked out some of these replies.
Thanks to everyone who helped out. Thanks also to all those who put a few things in perspective for me.
-Oceanbear
 #145348  by ebick

gr8fullfred wrote:Technically speaking, Bombs Away is NOT a Grateful Dead song, it is Bobby and the Midnights song.

And I am willing to admit this: I actually saw Bobby and the Midnights!
Correction...This is a Bob Weir Song......Heaven Help The Fool......not B&TM. BTW, Although they did not produce the Grateful Deadiest of albums, B&TM were a pretty kick-ass band (I Want To Live Video not withstanding).
 #145349  by joethepainter

Yea, I saw Bobby and the Midnites at the Tower in Philly in the summer of 1984 (I think...I didn't tape the show). It was a crazy scene, man...girls go-go dancing on the tops of the speaker stacks, it was so smoky, I thought they had a fog machine pointed out into the audience...good times! :-)