#56952  by Chuckles

This tune's been driving me apeshit crazy w/my band. First, they keep rushing the solo to after the bridge and I say NO, ONE MORE VERSE DAMMIT! Then they get all screwed up playing the bridge again during the guit break we have been taking in the wrong place.. a real fustercluck...

So, I'm planning on taking this one over as the first tune I sing w/my guys on Sunday (should be ineresting if not hilarious!) - if nothing else to have the solo in the right place.

Anyway...

Please help... I do usual the walk-up lick from the end of the verse, but can't quite figure out the step-down to the F#...

I'm sure it's simple as hell, but I can't see it posted here anywhere, so... asking for help! What do you Jerry guys play out of the A into the F#?

Thx.
 #56959  by Billbbill

I do this if your talkin about what I think your talkin about, though I'd call it more from the B to the F#

E----7-7-6---4-4-3-2--------------
 #56983  by deadguise

There's a few versions where the Dead went straight to the solo after the bridge (I think NYE Winterland 1977) and bypassed that verse... in some ways it seems like a logical build up...
 #56984  by tigerstrat

deadguise wrote:There's a few versions where the Dead went straight to the solo after the bridge (I think NYE Winterland 1977) and bypassed that verse... in some ways it seems like a logical build up...
Interesting, just listened to the 12/31/77 you referenced and they skipped the "Ain't nothin' wrong" verse altogether! The bridge itself came off pretty sloppy and haphazard on this version, and perhaps it rattled JG just enough to come out of it into a searing solo instead of verse 4. The outro jam is a great listen to the tones of the single-coil version of Wolf.
 #56985  by deadguise

Yep there's a sour note there in the bridge riff but Jerry redeems himself with a ripping solo, nice gritty tone....I heard a 78 version where they skipped that same verse too.
 #56987  by Chuckles

Yeah... they occasionally did drop that verse. I did a random selection of about 20 Scarlets last night off the Archive, and none of them missed it, tho.

Thx, BB... just what I was looking for. Simple as hell. I'd been trying to come up with something off the riff that ends the chorus.... :?