#3096  by goofydrummer

Hey folks, does any have the tab for the intro to russian lullaby. Any help would be great i've been looking for this tab for a while.

thanks a bunch
 #3102  by steve

check out the disappearing tabs thread in gd general discussion. that should have what your looking for, at least in terms of the chords. you might be able to figure it out from that.

#3115  by goofydrummer

thanks for the link, but i was actually looking for the intro melody, which was not on the russian lullaby chords that rukind had.
 #140396  by tatittle

I am also looking for a shortcut: tab for the melody of Russian lullaby. I guess I could locate the sheet music and use my brain...but tab sure would be a quick fix :)
 #140431  by Lephty

Love playing this tune--in fact I just did it at a gig on Thursday night this past week. I have always done the first part of the intro pretty close to Jerry's, but then I kind of BS'd the 2nd half, so it was good for me to take the time to figure out the whole thing. I also tabbed out Griz's solo, which happens in bars 17-24 (that part gets into the highest register of the guitar, and if you're playing it on an acoustic you'll probably need to drop it an octave).

All in all it's a good look at how Jerry deals with lots of chord changes--it's not all that often, actually, that you hear him playing through a tune with this many changes. A lot of the licks come straight from the D blues scale, though that scale won't get you through all of the changes.

FYI, the tune is a 32-bar "ballad" form (4 phrases, 8 bars each) along the lines of many/most of the great American jazz standards.

Here it is in PDF format: http://backoffice.i5fusion.com/media/b7 ... -Intro.pdf
 #140438  by tatittle

Awesome Lephty...much obliged.

Indeed I am getting into the American standard like Garcia more everyday, in addition to the dominant blues---JGB and one-offs.
They are so melodically rich both in whats there and potentially to improv over, the 7th's and denser chords are more satisfying and comprehensive when done right. I need to get more intuitive about appregios of these chords now though.

It is satisfying to try and carry on the traditions of this timeless music in an age of copy/pasted digital sound effects/production.