#35880  by revned_04

When ever i play this song I always really dig playing it fast and kind of reggae infused, does anyone know if the dead ever played this song like real up tempo or something.

PS I was really depressed all day after an intense roll last night and as soon as i started listening to the dead i got so much happier :peas:

#35884  by LazyLightnin

the boys started doin a reggae-ish groove during the last choruses in the 80s. Phil induced im guessing.

only rolled once. realized it wasnt lsd and never did it again.

#35897  by austin

i've got a version on my computer that's just marked (killer live version) but it kicks to a slow reggae type jam with jerry and brent trading arepeggio licks that i remember when i first heard it i got up and started dancing cause it sounded so good, i think i got it on limewire a long time ago so maybe it'd still be up there

#35898  by GratefulPat

rolls suck!

#35912  by BlobWeird

austin wrote:i've got a version on my computer that's just marked (killer live version) but it kicks to a slow reggae type jam with jerry and brent trading arepeggio licks that i remember when i first heard it i got up and started dancing cause it sounded so good, i think i got it on limewire a long time ago so maybe it'd still be up there
Dozin at the Knick has the same thing for the ending chorus jam. Jerry does the low do do do do DO do then brent comes in the with the higher octave. Great stuff there. You know them two are trading great looks throughout all that. Jerry with his devilish grin. Mydland with his homicidal look haha

#35915  by bodiddley

A great example of the reggea ending is from 6-28-88. Great "Row Jimmy" all around. great "Candyman" and "Scar>Fire" too!

#35932  by CaptainTrips

bodiddley wrote:A great example of the reggea ending is from 6-28-88. Great "Row Jimmy" all around. great "Candyman" and "Scar>Fire" too!
Good old SPAC . . . rarely produced a bad show. 8)

But listening to this last stand again . . . . they do seem to stumble out of the gate . . . choppy intro to Hell and a clearly rusty Bertha . . .

#35959  by bodiddley

Oh, there is much sloppiness to that '88 SPAC show, but the stuff I mentioned is sweet. There were some other decent tunes also, like the Stella and GDTRFB. The Foolish Heart is a little sloppy and tenative but has a nice little jam in it by the BrentMeister.
 #118917  by GratefulPhan

Austin, I also have this version on my computer, and also got it from Limewire. This version is absolutely incredible. I have been trying to find the show this came from but I haven't been able to find it. Do you have any idea what show it is from?