#31440  by Billbbill

Yea I know - 2 in one day is a bit much but I always sensed a bit of a kinship between these two. ie brown eyeed women and ramble on rose.

And rev, I'm lyric cheatin' again! Especially w/this one.

btw - please excuse the clams - in both vids!

#31444  by SpaceYrface43

Very Nice i like the tone very jerry like even over my shitty computer speakers. Looks like you put some time into that and it paid off for sure. I dig your stuff. Wondering what kind of rig your playing through the tone is awesome. The guitar has a little bit of that Ibanez 2681 shit going on with the neck inlay. Post some more tunes i enjoyed that.

#31445  by GratefulPat

excellent. i love that little bobby lick in the chorus

#31453  by amyjared

Man, Bill, you are SO in need of a band... :wink:

Seriously, you sound great and two in one day!! Forget that Nate guy who does the Legendary Licks, I want YOU to make a DVD (with tabs) and have you explain all the songs. I'd buy it (or swap, anyway). Keep 'em comin'!

#31454  by gratephulphish123

i always noticed a kinship between these two too... not too sure why. cool stuff man keep on posting.

could these vids go under the vid instruction sections of some of these songs. i was learnin eyes from shakedowns video and i had to dig through some stuff to find it again, billbills arent educational in the typical sense but they do help in understanding the songs. just a thought.

ps. i'm not gonna stop begging for shakedown street until someone does it

#31456  by jackr

Another nice job. I wish you lived by me. I can see myself jammin' with you.

#31461  by Billbbill

SpaceYrface43 wrote:Very Nice i like the tone very jerry like even over my shitty computer speakers. Looks like you put some time into that and it paid off for sure. I dig your stuff. Wondering what kind of rig your playing through the tone is awesome. The guitar has a little bit of that Ibanez 2681 shit going on with the neck inlay. Post some more tunes i enjoyed that.
Unfortunately I've actually put very little time into the gear end - my bad. Glad it sounds like I do to you :-)

I'm a bit of a gear-idiot.
So I'm playing a Schecter C-1 Classic on the 4th position pick-up. I believe it's parallel or something.
I've got a Crate GLX-65 amp. It's got three channels and like 16 effects presets and each channel has a separate memory for the presets. I'm using the 'med room reverb' setting.

I'm playing through the 'clean' channel and the distorion for the ror lead is a boss dual overdrive SD-2 on the 'crunch' setting. For the amp tone I've got the high at 7 of 10 the mid pinned at 10 and the low at 5.

That's it. I'm so frickin thick headed I don't even write this shit down. I guess I should start.;)
Last edited by Billbbill on Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#31463  by Billbbill

amyjared wrote:Man, Bill, you are SO in need of a band... :wink:

Seriously, you sound great and two in one day!! Forget that Nate guy who does the Legendary Licks, I want YOU to make a DVD (with tabs) and have you explain all the songs. I'd buy it (or swap, anyway). Keep 'em comin'!
Thanks - a band would be cool.

I really am planning on a series (cause that's what it'd likely take) of instructional stuff on my take on jg's lead style. What's holding me back a bit is that I lack quite a bit technically and thus it's that much more difficult to figure out how the hell to lay this stuff out in an effective way. Factor in how jg would slip from this to that then to the other and also the fact that I've got to be the most boring dude on the face of the earth when it comes to my instructional stuff and that's probably why I haven't got to it yet.

I was planning on using Promised Land cause it touches a lot of bases and is pretty straight forward. I'll get to it.

And thanks, btw.

#31464  by Billbbill

gratephulphish123 wrote:i always noticed a kinship between these two too... not too sure why. cool stuff man keep on posting.

ps. i'm not gonna stop begging for shakedown street until someone does it
Thanks -

You're like that paper boy in - what movie was it - 'Better off Dead' or something - "Where's my 2 dollars!"

I think that one is more an instructional thing than a one guy performance thing. What about it are you interested in? Anything specific?

#31465  by Billbbill

jackr wrote:Another nice job. I wish you lived by me. I can see myself jammin' with you.
Umm, I wish you lived near ME. ;) Yes jammin would be fun.

#31469  by jackr

Billbbill wrote:
I used too, way too cold for me now. I am a big pussy when it comes to cold.

#31470  by Billbbill

jackr wrote:
Billbbill wrote:
I used too, way too cold for me now. I am a big pussy when it comes to cold.
Yea I still really love the change of seasons but each extreme gets old quick when you're in the middle of a 2 wk heat wave or cold spell. It's startin to get chilly up here in the tri-state area. I bet a bit more chilly for benny up in Maine.
 #90191  by Jon S.

3 years and 2 days later, my band having just added this song to our repertoire, I'd like to say thanks for the video. :)
 #90192  by Billbbill

Jon S. wrote:3 years and 2 days later, my band having just added this song to our repertoire, I'd like to say thanks for the video. :)
Ha! Cool - Excellent Jon - glad it helped in some way.

So here's a "vid" of our band playing this a week ago. I use the term vid loosely as it's so dark you can't see a damn thing!
 #113000  by Jon S.

I'm posting now, a year and a half later, to tell you vids are still helping the teeming masses (namely me!) across the world with their Dead chops. Thanks much! :D