#38486  by weirimpressed

Maude Lebowski: What do you do for recreation?
The Dude: Oh, the usual. I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback.

lol :D a classic for sure.
 #38509  by g-bro

Anybody know what they're singing in the backups for 'Sat Night'? I'm listening to the Europe 72 version.
I think this must be the first Bobby song I've learned, mostly I'm a Jerry man.
Thanks

#38525  by BlobWeird

If you dont like OMSN its cuz you havent heard the right one. Listen to the one from Dead movie 10-18 or 10-19-74. cant remember which but that is pure energy. Great solo from Jerry and lots of energy in the walkups

#38558  by BuddhaG

I guess they are pretty similar but the same could be said for pretty much any rockabilly or rhythm and blues track that came out in the late 50s/early 60s ala Chuck Berry, Buddy Holly, or early Beatles.

Promised Land sounds a hell of a lot like Johnny B Goode... maybe its just me though... I mean most of these songs are basic 1,4,5.

OMSN is a bit more intense than Travelin' Band though, with that sweet riff that Bob and Jerry mirror each other on and the walkup which packs quite the punch of some versions.

MTV.com has a video of OMSN Live at the Cow Palace, 1976 that I really like. Not the most rockingest version of the song but the video pretty much rules. The crowd is going wild and the band is on. Jerrys fingers move effortlessly over the strings.

#38563  by bodiddley

BlobWeird wrote:If you dont like OMSN its cuz you havent heard the right one. Listen to the one from Dead movie 10-18 or 10-19-74. cant remember which but that is pure energy. Great solo from Jerry and lots of energy in the walkups
No it's not. I admit I've heard versions that have smoked and I can tolerate but overall I just don't care for the tune. Same goes for "Miracle" and "Around & Around". There are some shredding, high energy versions out there of those tunes but I have never seeked out a tape based on a stunning review of any of those songs.Often I will skip them all together.

A Jer tune I can't stand? "Jed" and "Dupree's". Only heard a couple versions I like.