#51472  by Billbbill

Been meaning to move this to this forum

ronster wrote:
Bill, on NFA can you tab out the run up after Not Fade Away is screamed out at 5:19 of the vid?

Alright - I re-did the whole thing cause that first half was reeeeeeally bad! Hopefully this is better.

-----A
E|----------------------------------
B|----------------------------------
G|-----------------9------9--11--12--
D|--/7--9--10--11-----11-------------
A|----------------------------------

---A
E|-------------------------------------------------------
B|------------------10---------12---------13---------14--
G|--12p11p9----------------------------------------------
D|-----------10/11------11/12------12/13------13/14------
A|-------------------------------------------------------
E|-------------------------------------------------------

---E
E|---------------------------------------------------
B|--15p14p12-------12--------------------------------
G|------------12v------12----------------------------
D|-------------------------14p13p12--14------14------
A|---------------------------------------14------14--

---E
B|---------15--17p16p15--15------15--15--15--15--17--
G|--15/16--------------------16----------------------
D|---------------------------------------------------
A|---------------------------------------------------

----A
E|---------15v------15v------15h17--
B|--17p15-------17-------17---------
G|----------------------------------
D|----------------------------------
A|----------------------------------

----A
E|--17b19r17p15--17p15------15------------------
B|----------------------17------17--15------17--
G|--------------------------------------16------
D|----------------------------------------------
A|----------------------------------------------
E|----------------------------------------------

----E
B|--17p16p15------15--15---------14-------------
G|------------16----------16\14------12h13------
D|------------------------------------------14--
A|----------------------------------------------

---E
E|---------------------------
B|--15--15--15--14-14-12\----
G|--16--16--16--14-14-13\----
D|--14--14--14--14-14-14\----
A|---------------------------
E|---------------------------

I didn't tab the fast strummin in this last portion but you get the idea.

#51499  by b weird

You guys sound great! Which dude are you Bill? I like the moderate use of distortion on the lead guitar. Thats something the real Dead didn't use enough of. Keep it up.

#51510  by Billbbill

b weird wrote:You guys sound great! Which dude are you Bill? I like the moderate use of distortion on the lead guitar. Thats something the real Dead didn't use enough of. Keep it up.
Thanks b weird. I too like a little more distortion here and there in the boys music though it's totally on a case by case basis.

I'm the chubbyish, balding guy on the left with the shorts that I didn't know look a whole lot more like knickers than shorts until I saw these vids. :P

#51511  by Billbbill

b weird wrote:You guys sound great! Which dude are you Bill? I like the moderate use of distortion on the lead guitar. Thats something the real Dead didn't use enough of. Keep it up.
Thanks b weird. I too like a little more distortion here and there in the boys music though it's totally on a case by case basis.

I'm the chubbyish, balding guy on the left with the shorts that I didn't know look a whole lot more like knickers than shorts until I saw these vids. :P

#51567  by b weird

I figured that was you since you were soloing but, you can never tell.

#51599  by 1960strat

Bill Sounds great.... man i wanna jam with you guys!!! Hey but the drummer gets no camera time!!!! Keep it up...

#51608  by bucketorain

most drummers like it that way,,they are weird like that :o

Bill you guys got it goin on..great sound. by the way, do you have any picks of your guitar, who makes it and can you list your gear for us?

Thanks!!

#51645  by Billbbill

bucketorain wrote:Bill you guys got it goin on..great sound. by the way, do you have any picks of your guitar, who makes it and can you list your gear for us?

Thanks!!
Thanks bor (hmm, not a great acronym :-) )

I don't have any pics though the Jack Straw instructional vids give a decent close up.

Man I am so not the gear guy (as if that wasn't obvious on occasion!) but anyway

The gitbox is a Schecter C-1 Classic, vine of life inlay 2 vol 1 tone 5 way p/u switch.

Amp is a Crate GLX6-5 (not bad for solid state). A bunch of built in effects that stay with the 3 channels as you switch.

Not much in the way of effects

Emma discombobulator for envelope - I also have a Boss FT-2 dynamic filter though I haven't used it in a while.

Boss FV-50 volume pedal - that bugger is a bit long in the tooth.

Ibanez CS9 Stereo Chorus - another relic.

Boss SD-2 Duel overdrive

At the moment that's it. I sometime use the crate distortion and others the Boss. I use the amp reverb.

The Fire on the Mountain has the Emma and the She Belongs to Me has the chorus on this page.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze6pfva/bill ... e/id2.html

The rather lengthy fire intro :-? and the 1st and 3rd leads are me with the Emma. I believe the 1st lead I use distortion as well.

#51668  by bobbybobbob

Hey Billx2 that is some great soloing man. Your Jerry-style is right on yet has a unique tone with the heavier distortion. Some cool phrasings in there too man. Y'all even have the vocals sounding pretty close. well done and lets see some more vids!

hey billbill do you have recording equipment? check out this post http://community.rukind.org/viewtopic.php?t=5355
and tell me what ya think. we'd love to get some playing like yours thrown into the mix.

sounds good man keep on goin! :cool:

#51903  by Billbbill

Thanks bobbybobbob - I have a jamman that records to compact flash, I believe in wav. format - I'll check it out and get back to you. I also have garage band on my mac though I currently can't plug directly into it w/ the guitar.