#12227  by GratefulFloyd

hey, being away from home here at school in iowa, i dont really get to have lessons that often anymore, but i really want to start getting into jamming along with cd's and stuff. i was wondering if anybody would be willing to tab out a scale that i could practice and that i could use to jam along with this song? if so, i would greatly appreciate it. thanks a lot.

#12234  by caspersvapors

im pretty sure its just G major

#12239  by kevo

D mixolydian for verses, F Lydian for the chorus

#12322  by GratefulFloyd

yea i see "D mixolydian" and stuff, but i dont know what it looks like. i type it into google, and check google images but i cant really read it, its just a bunch of notes and i cant really read music that well, is there a website where i can get a scale that is easy to read so i can start practicing or anything? thanks.

#12323  by BlobWeird

Hmm I dunno about the G major being as there is no F in G major. And as for the F lydian for chorus that may be but i dont know. I play D mixolydian throughout the whole song and throw the F in there for the Chorus. If you want D mixolydian go to www.wholenote.com then up top click on Basics then down below youll see a box that says scale finder. I tabbed out the first scale box shown there for ya so you can see how the dots represent the notes.

E|--------------------------------------------2--3--5
B|-------------------------------------*3*-5-------
G|----------------------------2--4--5---------------
D|-------------------2--4--5-----------------------
A|---------2--3-*5*--------------------------------E|2--3--5------------------------------------------

The notes with asterisks are your Root notes for the scale which in this case would be D.

And there ya have it. Good luck

#12324  by GratefulFloyd

thanks a lot brotha

#12325  by BlobWeird

E|-------------------------------------------2--3--5
B|-------------------------------------*3*-5-------
G|----------------------------2--4--5---------------
D|-------------------2--4--5-----------------------
A|---------2--3-*5*--------------------------------
E|2--3--5------------------------------------------

Dont know why the tab posted like that but i fixed it here.

#12347  by HOWEYMAN

I purchased a book called "Scales and Modes" for guitar. This is a great book, covering quite a bit. Within it uses the the key of 'E' as the example with each differnt mode or scale showing the patterns on the guitar fretboard. So, you simply move that pattern of 'E' to whatever Root you desire. This book also comes with a Cd with examples in each Mode or scale.