#6457  by b weird

I'm not sure if this is a real chord or a typo, but I don't know it so chould someone please give me a hand. Thanks. P.S. Did you ever look at the little dead jester man on the Tab Creator thing and notice how it kind of looks like Bobby?

#6462  by FretfulDave

I checked the.crd file in the original Olga collection and while there are a number of differences in words and some chords, it shows the last chord in the part that goes "...price for being free" as A then in that chord file the next item is the AddG over the "There's a seabird..." part. I see the A followed by an AddG in other spots also and believe that it is just that, AddG after playing an A. In the Olga chord file there is also a section where it is spelled out in full with an A followed by an AaddG.

Dave

#6464  by wisedyes

This is what's known as a slash chord. Whenever you see sometyhing like A/G, that means to play an A chord and add a G note in the bass. This is usually done to create a walking bass line in the song.

In Lost sailor, what is going on is a descending bass line from A-G-F#, then back up to G. So, for the A/G, just play a first position A chord using your first finger to bar the notes on the 4th, 3rd, and 2nd strings, then play the G note on the 6th string with it.

#6783  by HOWEYMAN

I am listening to "Go To Heaven", which I haven't listened to in a long time. I forgot what a cool song this is. In fact this whole album is great. In Sailor you really get that Ratdog feel of the tunes on Evening Moods. Aside from Althea, Stranger, the rest of the album I have not heard many times on live recordings. Even the the song "Saint of Circumstance".......... "sure don't know what I'm going for......sure don't know....just never never never know" great stuff. Just sharing a thought.

#6784  by HOWEYMAN

Sorry, should have started a new topic. sorry to mix it up with the chord talk
 #72443  by doublee

I see on the tab there is also a "bdropb".......I could read that also as B/A....? Confused, thanks,

ee
 #105662  by jason_stanfield

doublee wrote:I see on the tab there is also a "bdropb".......I could read that also as B/A....? Confused, thanks,

ee
Using standard chord naming, that should be B(#11), or B major with a raised 4 (E# in the scale).

I have no idea what "Bdropb" is supposed to mean ...

Re:

#115243  by jason_stanfield

wisedyes wrote:This is what's known as a slash chord. Whenever you see sometyhing like A/G, that means to play an A chord and add a G note in the bass. This is usually done to create a walking bass line in the song.
Though from a certain perspective, one could interpret A/G to be a polychord, i.e. an A major triad over a G major triad.

It would be better to list that as A7/G, indicating that the A before it is carried on, and just the bass not drops on the way to F#m7.

I have an accurate chart of "Lost Sailor" (written from the studio version) if anyone's interested in it.