#9945  by Benthegoodbum

I'm curious as to how you folks handle this little bit in the song...I can't seem to find the right fingering for it. Any help would be appreciated grately(hehe).

#9948  by strumminsix

Start with the barre-chord of E off the 7th fret and grab the F# off the 9th (A string) and the G# off the 11th.

IMO, the F# is more important voicing persay since it grabs the 2 which is not part of the major where the G# is the 3rd so it voices like an inversion playing the 3 first.

But together they have a different effect...

#9950  by tigerstrat

don't play the song much myself but how about

E/F# E/G#
E|-4----4
B|-5----5
G|-4----4
D|-4----6
A|-------
E|-------

or open E and add the bass note with the thumb...

#9952  by Benthegoodbum

Hey, thanks alot for the quick reply...these are just what I was looking for...I'll try both and see which sounds better.
 #37728  by mpowel

Play the f# minor and g# m to the same as the bar with the thick e string not fretted. so e f# minor g#minor A. you/tube Liberty shows you these positions but this was a old jerry trick. Remember the bluegrass bass line walk ups to chords like A D B C# minor as usual. Has a feel to me like going down the road and deal meshed together. enjoy.

#37779  by Rev_Roach

When playing it alone, as I generally do, just use the open E chord. To hit the E-F#-G# just strum the E, let it ring the best you can, and then play the bass single notes. I'd probably (no guitar with me here) hit the F# with the thumb and G# with the pinky, but do whatever you like. It's a fairly quick bass run, so even if you lose most of the E chord its not a big deal.