#36627  by old man down

One more thing, Jerry barres the C with the pinky and Weir barres with the ring. The extra effort to get the ring in place is the key nano delay that forces the extra tight spaced rhythm strokes, and all of this makes it work.

Each of them has their respective roles to play, Jerry slightly lazy but powerful, Weir lightly glissading and almost ahead of the beat, and the combination of the two accounts for the incredible energy, unlike any other two chord G C combo.

Like, compare it to the Allman Brothers equivalent of the day: Revival. No comparison.

They were ahead of their time. (and the beat)

#36659  by weirimpressed

sorry strummin, i meant once you get in the zone, the timing should come. I play the garcia part in my group, and I do count the beats in my head to make sure things dont get out of line. timing is the key to this song for sure, I agree with yall

#36664  by CaptainTrips

Its tough at first, but just listening to the song, you can get it down pretty easy. I sing it at least once a day and it is one of the easier songs once you get it all down.

#36665  by strumminsix

weirimpressed wrote:sorry strummin, i meant once you get in the zone, the timing should come. I play the garcia part in my group, and I do count the beats in my head to make sure things dont get out of line. timing is the key to this song for sure, I agree with yall
Don't apologize bro! I'm with you! Once you have your timing down it happens without thought!

I was clarifying it for people that may rely on "just being in the zone." Sometimes people hack their way thru tunes and fall back on just being in the jam, etc. blahhhhhh....

What you described is the jamband mecca - know your parts so well you just do it!

#36881  by weirimpressed

You got it! btw, how do you insert quotes from others like you did with mine? im new to this board and trying to get familiar with everything...

#36901  by strumminsix

weirimpressed wrote:You got it! btw, how do you insert quotes from others like you did with mine? im new to this board and trying to get familiar with everything...
Just hit the little quote button on the post you are trying to quote!

BTW - WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!