#97992  by mkaufman

Sounds like CMaj7 -> G -> Am7 (w/ E on top).

Try not playing the high E string for the 2nd & 3rd chords.

Could also probably play an Em7 inversion with D on the top for the 2nd chord as JG plays an Em arpeggio, however, a G chord on the D/G/B strings using the open E chord shape will also have the D on top and it sounds essentially the same and is much easier to play!

mk
 #97997  by strumminsix

mkaufman wrote:Sounds like CMaj7 -> G -> Am7 (w/ E on top).

Try not playing the high E string for the 2nd & 3rd chords.

Could also probably play an Em7 inversion with D on the top for the 2nd chord as JG plays an Em arpeggio, however, a G chord on the D/G/B strings using the open E chord shape will also have the D on top and it sounds essentially the same and is much easier to play!

mk
Cmaj7 > G > Fmaj7 is my take
 #147106  by oceanbear11

Chasing Light Beams wrote:i second that one, what is bob doing? although i see it is five, almost six years later, so who's paying attention to this anyway?
I am. This thread will hopefully be very helpful when I read through it.
 #175077  by Stardarkashes

I don’t know if you’re talking about the single notes or the rhythm part but I think if you’re talking about the single notes he’s picking out I’m pretty sure it’s a C major seven starting on the D string, 10th fret, and then as you go down, it’s like the perfect staircase going down meaning that the next note you hit is one string down on the G string ninth fret, and then you go down one more string to the B string eighth fret and then ending on the seventh fret string, but instead of hitting the last note on the seventh fret high e string you can strum the whole cord twice strumming down both times instead of down and up or if you want, you can hit the note on the high string ones, and then strum down once on the whole cord. And then after you do that, you leave the cord down and you hit the g note on the bee string again on the eighth fret, and then you hit the eNote on the ninth fret G string, and then you hit the g note again on the bee string And then you’re going to have to move your pinky, and hit the d note on the high E string. And then I slide my pinky up to the e string 12th fret, which is obviously an EnoTe. I guess this could be Jerry‘s part. I just stumbled upon this question so don’t kill me in the comments. So I haven’t even looked it up or tried to investigate. This is just what I do when I mess around with this one sometimes. It definitely doesn’t stay on the Sea major 7 so if you want instead of doing the single notes, you can put the appropriate cords in. This is mostly just some individual playing. I did this, mostly with voice to text so probably a lot of the words are either spelt, wrong, or in the wrong context, but I kind of have to get out of here so sorry about that I’m not going to edit
 #175078  by Jon S.

Thread is 18 y.o. and still going strong!