#63966  by tigerstrat

Don't know that release but every version I've heard has been in C. Heck, it seems like 95% of all JGB tuneage is in one of 3 keys: C, E, or A.
 #63968  by ebick

Grateful.Ed wrote:Also how does the chorus go?.....seems to start in F then I get lost. many thanks

(F) I (Em) wanted you
(Dm) You wanted someone (C) else

(F) You went away and (Em) left me here
(Dm) left me all by my (Em) left me all by my
(Dm) left me all by my (G)self

I think that's it.
 #116767  by Rusty the Scoob

I'm going to dig this up from the grave and disagree with a couple of the chords in the bridge. I believe it's:

Bridge:
(F) I (Em) wanted you

(Bb) You went away and (C) left me here
(Dm) left me all by my (G)self
 #116794  by jeffm725

Rusty the Scoob wrote:I'm going to dig this up from the grave and disagree with a couple of the chords in the bridge. I believe it's:

Bridge:
(F) I (Em) wanted you

(F) left me all by my (G)self
one small correction in Bold....... (F) it is really just a walk down and walk up... did I not catch that in our email? Mustve been sleepy (or wrestling with from the heart of me!)
 #116806  by Rusty the Scoob

jeffm725 wrote:
Rusty the Scoob wrote:I'm going to dig this up from the grave and disagree with a couple of the chords in the bridge. I believe it's:

Bridge:
(F) I (Em) wanted you

one small correction in Bold....... (F) it is really just a walk down and walk up... did I not catch that in our email? Mustve been sleepy (or wrestling with from the heart of me!)
Yep, you missed it! I'll check it again tonight. John Kahn was also pretty fond of not playing roots in sections like that.
 #116810  by jeffm725

Rusty the Scoob wrote:
jeffm725 wrote:

Bridge:
(F) I (Em) wanted you

Yep, you missed it! I'll check it again tonight. John Kahn was also pretty fond of not playing roots in sections like that.
aha, but you didnt specify this was bass tab :-)
 #116812  by Rusty the Scoob

I might have played through it with chords just to double-check... I know I ran through something in that manner last night. (Damn you Jose Cuervo, you are not a memory aid!)