#34438  by jackr

nice job!. Seems like you got more confidence as you got into it. I like your voice.

#34440  by 1960strat

Thanks man. I basically ran through this song once and then hit record. Not hard, but now if i can only get those killer leads in like Bill does!!!

#34450  by bucketorain

1960strat wrote:Thanks man. I basically ran through this song once and then hit record. Not hard, but now if i can only get those killer leads in like Bill does!!!
Nice job! I always enjoy playing that one. And in regards to licks like BillbBill well, I have basically said that I will be Bobby...LOL...

Actually, I like riffing the jams in this one. One of the easiest for me to do.

Again good job

#34464  by Billbbill

1960strat wrote:...I basically ran through this song once and then hit record...
You've got an excellent voice David. This one is a little rough in the 'cadence' department if you're not used to singing it and except for a spot or 2 you handled it real well. Tells you what you might be able to do with a little more practice!

This is one where if you start a line a tad late, making it up can sound rushed. Come to think of it a lot of Dylan tunes seem to be like that cause often he doesn't leave much room.

(thanks for the props guys :oops: )

#34475  by 1960strat

Thanks for the kind words Bill. I need to get the fills that you do in there. Also, I am playing this in all first position open chords, but you look like you are playing some inversions. What chords are you playing?

#34513  by Billbbill

what he said - except i go up to the 5th fret for the A-Asus4. i let the A & high E strings ring.

btw F#maj

during the lead, maybe some chord fragments. Barring the 7th fret w/my index finger for D - near the beginning pulling up the 1 and 3 on the B and D strings to the A chord on the 10th & 11 frets. That's about it.