#86192  by jeffm725

here is Legion Playing the "rock Part" from last Sunday. I edited it to just the part in Question:
http://phyzz.com/jeff/melodyrockm.mp3
Last edited by jeffm725 on Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
 #86193  by tigerstrat

jeffm725 wrote:
pappypgh wrote:There is no chance that Eb is correct. TS, it's been a long time since I've been here and I still love you bro....but that chord is dead wrong. It's a D. I tried it this morning before I came to work. It's just not right. C > D....C > A.....C....D...E....
That's the rock part, at least how JGB did it. I've never heard the original version.
yes pappy everything you say here is correct. I havent listened to TS version posted here of his cats band, but he cant be playing Eb there. He just cant....It is D all the way!

thanks Jeff, that was so necessary! :lol: And yes we did, go ahead and check out how off it sounds.
 #86194  by jeffm725

tigerstrat wrote:
jeffm725 wrote:
pappypgh wrote:There is no chance that Eb is correct. TS, it's been a long time since I've been here and I still love you bro....but that chord is dead wrong. It's a D. I tried it this morning before I came to work. It's just not right. C > D....C > A.....C....D...E....
That's the rock part, at least how JGB did it. I've never heard the original version.
yes pappy everything you say here is correct. I havent listened to TS version posted here of his cats band, but he cant be playing Eb there. He just cant....It is D all the way!

thanks Jeff, that was so necessary! :lol: And yes we did, go ahead and check out how off it sounds.
Did you really play the Eb? I would have bet the farm on the fact that you posted the Eb erroneously (I do that all the time on message boards without guitar in hand, and just have general brain farts!) but I was sure that your band played the D!
 #86196  by mttourpro

Well, if you all played the same thing then it's technically not "wrong"...it was more of a "Sweet Juicy Clam". Call it an unintended group effort for additional "color". 8)
 #86197  by jeffm725

mttourpro wrote:Well, if you all played the same thing then it's technically not "wrong"...it was more of a "Sweet Juicy Clam". Call it an unintended group effort for additional "color". 8)
exactly MT!

That is Cats Custom "interpretation of Melody! Works for me! It aint wrong if the whole band plays it :lol:
 #86201  by tigerstrat

I'm still a horse's ass.
 #86202  by jeffm725

that avatar is too funny!

Dont be so hard on yourself!

I listened to the melody you posted, and while I couldnt keep a staight face during the Eb (because of this thread) everything else sounds real, real nice. Your girl has some pipes!
 #86203  by mttourpro

OMG! I'm still laughing from noticing your avatar change! :lol:

It took me a few seconds to see that.....cut yourself a break and at least put Vince up there or something.
 #86208  by pappypgh

Jeez....I get lambasted for the one post I make in 2 years. Hilarious. Whatev.
Thanks jeffm. It's a D. I'll fully admit when I'm wrong - I've been wrong before. This time, I'm not. Have a good one. :roll:
 #86209  by jeffm725

pappypgh wrote:Jeez....I get lambasted for the one post I make in 2 years. Hilarious. Whatev.
Thanks jeffm. It's a D. I'll fully admit when I'm wrong - I've been wrong before. This time, I'm not. Have a good one. :roll:

you must have misunderstood the posts, nobody lambasted you, everyone (including TS) agreed with you.
 #86213  by pappypgh

Sorry....all I really read was "Yes Pappy, everything you post here is correct." Must have read it wrong, I guess.

Tourpro - my limit is 3 Martinis, btw. :drink:
 #86214  by jeffm725

pappypgh wrote:Sorry....all I really read was "Yes Pappy, everything you post here is correct." Must have read it wrong, I guess.

Tourpro - my limit is 3 Martinis, btw. :drink:

ah the classic internet mistranslation of tone and intent! Yeah, all I was saying is everything you posted about the chord changes was correct in my book (for whatever that is worth :smile: )
 #86215  by pappypgh

WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN BY THAT?!

:lol: :cheers: