#4847  by b weird

I have a few questions regarding I Know You Rider. The first is: What does the SN Bass Intro mean? Am I suppose to play the A,B &,C# chords and pick the bass string then play the rest of the chord or am I suppose to play bass lines on the guitar? The next question is: At the end of each line there is a shord lead before the next line, like: I know you rider gonna miss me when I'm gone. then comes a short lead then the next I know you rider line. I just repeat the chords from the line. Is that right or is there some thing else that Im suppose to play there? Well that it I hope there is someone out there who understands what Im tying to say. Thanks.

#4852  by strumminsix

Sometimes between lines Bobby plays:
CCCCC GGG D

#4871  by spilly

sn means single note

#4872  by spilly

traditionally between lines you would hold the D major. I use caged chords for this one and play off of D usingthe accents from G and Em

D xx777x
C xx555x
G xx543x

Ex. accents on D
* = hold throughout

E----------------
B-*7-----------9p7----
G--7-------9p7-----
D--7-7h8p7----------------
A-------------------
E-------------------
 #16240  by GRis

FWIW - we always play a G chord where the tab says Em, sounds better to us...

#16241  by Rev_Roach

That A-B-C# intro is OK.

But I heard once in a while they play this really cool intro to rider, its usually like 8 minutes long and has to do with a chinese cat or something like that., 8)
 #16253  by lostsailor8782

JUST LISTEN TO THE SONG >>> CAUSE IF YOU ARE TRYING TO DO NOTE FOR NOTE YOUR GONNA GET DIFFERENT PLAYS ON THOSE NOTES EVERY DIFFERENT SHOW .... just listen and be yourself ...

#16269  by weedar

lostsailor, could you speak up? I couldn't hear you..
 #23501  by jjbankhead

I figure since the title f this thread is INKYR Q'S i could ask does anyone know the riff used in the DICK'S PICKS 08 version i really like that slower acoustic version.
 #155653  by Charlie

Although the TAB shows:
D C G D
I know you, rider, gonna miss me when I'm gone
D C G D
I know you, rider, gonna miss me when I'm gone
F C F C Em D
Gonna miss your baby, from rolling in your arms.

I have always thought the last line sounds better if you switch the Em and C chords and play

F C F Em C D
Gonna miss your baby, from rolling in your arms.