Ao7/Crazy Fingers

Re: Ao7/Crazy Fingers

Postby waldo041 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:48 pm

Disclaimer: I only make, modify or build things for those that seek what i may be able to provide.
waldo041

Postby old man down » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:29 pm

nsams73 wrote:BillBill and the anthology seem to have the correct notes for the chord in question: play A, C, Eb, and Gb. The issue for me is that the chord isn't named correctly. That's a minor third, for one thing. Those notes do not make A dim 7. I don't know what to call it, but I'm happy with the sound.

Not exactly sure, but if you slide the chord up, every 4 frets the chord repeats somewhat inverted. Well, close enough, and you'll still be "happy with the sound."

Been playing Crazy Fingers a lot lately, can't get enough of it, a summer song this summer. Been trying to remember the lyrics, but the songbook has some of them different, like "strange fingers of light." Trips me up.

Did get 12 snippets downloaded from the YouTube of the studio version, to learn the lead, with the hardest part once and twice slowed down, to my JamMan, and then transferred the entire "library" to my MacBook Pro, and retitled each snippet. Don't even need the JamMan out now, or an amp and cables, most of the time. Just lug the laptop to the acoustic and I'm ready to go.

Great song. Reminds me of Stella Blue; the cleverness of the chord sequence.
old man down
Skeleton
Skeleton

Postby MattMan » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:15 am

My favorite Crazy Fingers solo to practice is from 7/29/82 (another Red Rocks): https://archive.org/details/gd1982-07-29.fob.senn421.wise.miller.102569.flac16
MattMan
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby MattMan » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:56 pm

Waldo, thanks for posting the Red Rocks 87 YouTube clip. It shows clearly the fingerings you posted in http://www.rukind.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=2021#p153268. I also noticed a few other fingerings that I was playing differently than Jerry. Love his flow (he wrote it after all!).

One thing about the diminished chord, you can add the thumb on the low A to play the root.
MattMan
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby MattMan » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:26 pm

Here's a new recording of Crazy Fingers. I think I got the fingerings correct:

MattMan
Rosemary
Rosemary

Previous

Return to Crazy Fingers