Super 2 spacing on Warmoth build

Super 2 spacing on Warmoth build

Postby slatelacy » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:07 am

I ordered and just received a Warmth Strat body and neck that I configured with 3 hum buckers. I ordered 3 super 2's with the F-spacing, but upon placing them loosely in the guitar, it appears that the middle and neck won't line up with the strings exactly. Any thoughts on this? Should a strat have an F space in the bridge and Standard spacing in the middle and neck?
slatelacy
Rosebud
Rosebud

Re: Super 2 spacing on Warmoth build

Postby waldo041 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:11 pm

Jerry used a 25 1/2" scale guitar with a gibson bridge that had a few of the saddles slightly recut to accomodate the spacing he used. But in general it was a Gibson bridge on a 25 1/2" scale, so the Gibson spaced bridge and middle Humbuckers were used. The neck SDS1 in Tiger is only available in a strat spacing so you will notice that the pole spacing is wider. His pickup positions are also pushed more bridge side with his 24 fret neck.

Hope that helps,

~waldo

p.s. something got sent your way today.

http://www.gdao.org/items/show/831916
Disclaimer: I make and sell Buffers. I also sometimes Modify, Build and sell preamps and amplifiers. My opinions are not intended to be sales pitches. I am a one man shop and prefer to spend time with my wife and family, i work full time on call and love to spend my spare time doing other things. I only make, modify or build things for those that seek them.
waldo041

Postby TeeJay » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:58 pm

I found on the F bridge and narrow middle and neck lines up the nice on the Warmoth strats-

TeeJay
Mickey
Mickey

Postby TeeJay » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:48 pm

I just measured and that middle super2 is a F spaced also. So Bridge and middle F and neck regular. You could probably go either way on the middle and be ok, and like Waldo said even the F spaced SDS in the neck is fine even if the poles don't line up perfectly. The other thing to consider is the bridge saddles. That warmoth in the pic has the narrower modern 2 1/16" fender string spacing. The vintage strat bridge is quite a bit wider 2 7/32".
TeeJay
Mickey
Mickey

Return to Guitar Building and Mods