Looking for *AUTHENTIC* Dead Stage/Studio used Equipment

Looking for *AUTHENTIC* Dead Stage/Studio used Equipment

Postby deadahead123 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:52 pm

Hey Everyone,

I'm looking to buy authentic Grateful Dead studio or stage used sound equipment...

If anyone has any leads on where some old equipment (Speakers, Original Trucker Cabinets, etc)
might be laying around and might be for sale... Let me know!!!!!

UPDATE: So, what I'm looking for is authentic gear that was actually USED by the band.
Last edited by deadahead123 on Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
deadahead123
Vince
Vince

Re: Looking for *AUTHENTIC* Dead Stage/Studio used Equipment

Postby tatittle » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:12 pm

I MIGHT be able to be convinced to sell some JBL's for the right price. What exactly are you looking for re: speakers?
I am in the process of moving (again) and have alot of old "regular" alnico's, a SF Pro Reverb, 2 x 12" cab's, lotsa effects including vintage ones Garcia used. I procrastinate terribly and frankly am a pack rat who hates the idea of losing something I might one day use LOL. But I do need to free up some cash and space in the near future, its just so tough deciding what to let go.

And I definitely have some JBL 110's (D, K, E) I will sell...

Welcome to the forum btw.
Last edited by tatittle on Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tatittle

Location: Johns Island, SC via NJ; Bklyn; Detroit; Charleston; Boulder; Miami; D.C.; etc

Postby deadahead123 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:19 pm

tatittle wrote:I MIGHT be able to be convinced to sell some JBL's for the right price. What exactly are you looking for re: speakers?
I am in the process of moving and have alot of old "regular" alnico's, a SF Pro Reverb, 2 x 12" cab's, lotsa effects including vintage ones Garcia used. I procrastinate terribly and frankly am a pack rat who hates the idea of losing something I might one day use LOL. But I do need to free up some cash and space in the near future, its just so tough deciding what to let go.

Welcome to the forum btw.

Hey Tatittle,

I'm looking for anything and everything!

Why don't you PM me and tell me a little more about what you might want to sell.

And thank's for the warm welcome :-)
deadahead123
Vince
Vince

Postby mutant_dan » Mon May 02, 2016 7:06 am

Over the years I have heard about cabinets from the Wall Of Sound stored in sheds and barns in Sonoma and Marin county.

You might be able to find some of this stuff by posting in the bay area craigslist.
mutant_dan
Bear
Bear

Postby deadahead123 » Wed May 04, 2016 1:16 pm

Thanks Mutant_Dan,

I just posted some ads in the Marin county CL.

I'll let you know if anything hits...

In the meantime, keep your eyes and ears open!

Rock on
deadahead123
Vince
Vince

Postby billlyerly » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:34 am

UPDATE--I have a Hard Truckers speaker cabinet from the "Wall of Sound" with original tie dyed grill used by the Dead at the 1978 Pyramid Concerts. Cabinet measures: L-R 21.5 in---Top-Bot 28.5 in---Fr-Bk 18.5 in---is loaded with a single 15 in speaker (more than likely a JBL K145). Has expanded metal grill to protect speaker--appears to be original--at one time had 4 HT aluminum clamps as well. Can immediately provide photos of the cabinet and the tie dyed grill. Cabinet was authenticated via photo by Glenn at Hard Truckers. I am in Spain now but will return to the US in early 2018. Feel free to contact me at: billlyerly@hotmail.com for photos. Cabinet has been stored and is in very good condition.
Last edited by billlyerly on Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:45 pm, edited 13 times in total.
billlyerly
welcome
welcome

Postby Feedback » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:45 am

The guys at Tone Tubby used to have some speakers kicking around. It's been a few years since I have been in touch with them though.
Feedback
Vince
Vince

Postby dgans » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:44 am

I have a McIntosh 250 power amp that I got from Bob Weir in a gear trade in the early '80s. Thinking about selling it to raise money for a CD project, if I can get a good price for it.
dgans
Vince
Vince

Return to Loudspeakers