Not the Q tron plus but the green logo

Please give me your favorite settings
Ethanlovesjazz
tiger
tiger

Re: Got a Ehx Q-tron for 100 bucks

Postby MattMan » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:14 pm

These are correct settings for emulating the mutron:

(Left to right): LP, UP, LO, 9:00, 9:00, ON.

Tweak the Gain if there's too little or too much overload.

Remember, axe volume up all the way, middle pup (or bridge if you don't have a middle), single coil. If you have hum, start with the Gain a little lower than 9:00.
MattMan
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby waldo041 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:52 pm

Change the attack resistor R32 to 68k for a slower response of the Opto.

~waldo
Disclaimer: I only make, modify or build things for those that seek what i may be able to provide.
waldo041

Postby PurpleTrails » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:49 am

Hey Waldo, is that a good mod for a Qtron+ as well?
PurpleTrails
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby MattMan » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:25 am

waldo041 wrote:Change the attack resistor R32 to 68k for a slower response of the Opto.

Love this mod. Using the Qtron regularly rather than my original MT III.

~waldo
MattMan
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby Jedstein » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:03 pm

Shoot -- it looks like the pic that Waldo posted with the inside of the board got deleted thanks to photobucket's new policy. I've been meaning to do Waldo's mod on this for months. I was actually really hoping that the new tru-tron would come out, but I think it's time to stop holding my breath on that one. Matt/Waldo -- is the board inside the q-tron decently labeled? Anyway to re-post the diagram (which I now wish I printed!)? Sorry for the hassle . . .
Jedstein
Aoxomoxoa
Aoxomoxoa

Postby MattMan » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:23 pm

Jedstein wrote:Shoot -- it looks like the pic that Waldo posted with the inside of the board got deleted thanks to photobucket's new policy. I've been meaning to do Waldo's mod on this for months. I was actually really hoping that the new tru-tron would come out, but I think it's time to stop holding my breath on that one. Matt/Waldo -- is the board inside the q-tron decently labeled? Anyway to re-post the diagram (which I now wish I printed!)? Sorry for the hassle . . .

Looks like I do not have an archive of the image, but the board is clearly labeled and its very easy to mod. Start by ordering a few 68Kohms metal film resistors (1 watt, 5%) from Mouser electronics (they're terribly expensive--$0.19 each). Then replace the resistor at R32 with the new 68k resistor. That's all there is to it. The board actually has labels one of which is R32. If you can't find it, post a pic of your board once you get in there and I"ll point it out. BTW, AFAIK, this is just for the Silver Box Qtron.
MattMan
Rosemary
Rosemary

Postby Jedstein » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:13 am

MattMan wrote:
Jedstein wrote:Shoot -- it looks like the pic that Waldo posted with the inside of the board got deleted thanks to photobucket's new policy. I've been meaning to do Waldo's mod on this for months. I was actually really hoping that the new tru-tron would come out, but I think it's time to stop holding my breath on that one. Matt/Waldo -- is the board inside the q-tron decently labeled? Anyway to re-post the diagram (which I now wish I printed!)? Sorry for the hassle . . .

Looks like I do not have an archive of the image, but the board is clearly labeled and its very easy to mod. Start by ordering a few 68Kohms metal film resistors (1 watt, 5%) from Mouser electronics (they're terribly expensive--$0.19 each). Then replace the resistor at R32 with the new 68k resistor. That's all there is to it. The board actually has labels one of which is R32. If you can't find it, post a pic of your board once you get in there and I"ll point it out. BTW, AFAIK, this is just for the Silver Box Qtron.

Thanks, Matt!
Jedstein
Aoxomoxoa
Aoxomoxoa

Return to Jerry Tone