SOLD: Late 70's modded Ibanez Musician Mc300

Sell and buy at your own risk...

SOLD: Late 70's modded Ibanez Musician Mc300

Postby GeneralGoldilocks » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:01 am

Howdy folks,

How ironic there are a couple of these up for sale on this forum right now. I guess it is spring cleaning time. So up for sale is my old number one, a 1979 (I think) Ibanez Musician modded by Brian at IO guitars. Let me start by saying that this is a really nice guitar that sounds fantastic and I have taken good care of it. It has been gigged and played, but I have taken care not to ding it up or abuse or neglect it at all. Here is a demo of it today, March 20, 2017. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN_0oKDU4Qg Here are pics from a week or two ago. https://goo.gl/photos/81fUEJimPVz9Xqqv5

It has the normal electronics package that Brian usually installs in his guitars. I have copied what he says about the electronics from his website.

"My modification of choice is the JG package, which, with variations, is this:
3 pickups (Dimarzio Super 2)
Coil Selection switches for all three pickups if applicable
5 way pickup selector switch, or similar
Master Volume with pull-up switch to bypass active electronics circuits 
Middle Pickup tone control with choice of capacitor value and construction
Neck and Bridge tone control using stacked pot with choice of capacitor value and construction
Wald Electronics Buffer
Blaster Preamp
​Switch for selecting EITHER Buffer OR Blaster 
Switch for selecting Blaster Gain as Unity or Adjustable
Blaster Gain control
OBEL Switch for selecting Effects Loop Engaged OR Dis-engaged."

Here are pertinent spec of the original guitar:
MC300
Body: Mahogany (Core) & Ash (Top/Bottom) - Plain Top
Neck: Rock Maple & Black Walnut - 5ply Thru Body, 24 Velve Touch Frets
Fingerboard: Ebonized Rosewood, Abalone dot inlays,
Scale: 24¾"
Bridge: Gibraltar, adjustable locking bridge mounted on inlaid sustain block

Additional parts I have added.
Kluson Deluxe tuners
new bridge posts
new tusq nut
A high quality hard shell case (Warwick Rock Case) that fits very well was bought about 5 years ago. It has a couple of dings and scratches, but is in good shape and pretty new.
Brian refinished the body and headstock and did a couple of inlays when it was modded about 6 years ago. See pics for inlays. The leaf is in tribute to the hardwoods used to make this guitar. I call it Leaf.

Issues: I carved a new nut and it is not glued into the slot. I figured the new buyer might want to come down a bit on the action and it works great without being glued in there, but you may want to fine tune the action a bit and glue it in there. I can glue it in at my preferred action if you want.

I think that is about it for now. Sale will include one of Brian's 12 foot OBEL cables (Belden, I think?). It will also include a Cusack Electronics OBEL jct box. I am asking 1500 plus shipping obo. PM me if interested. Buyer can return the guitar within 14 days. Buyer pays for shipping on that.
Last edited by GeneralGoldilocks on Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
like waves against the bandstand dancers broke
GeneralGoldilocks
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Re: Late 70's modded Ibanez Musician Mc300

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:17 pm

Thats a great looking geetar !
:smile:
Tennessee Jedi

Postby GeneralGoldilocks » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:00 pm

Tennessee Jedi wrote:Thats a great looking geetar !
:smile:

Thanks man, yours was the inspiration for mine, I have had a great run with my this guitar. I was trying to get some recordings tonight at band practice of this guitar, and there was some shock and dismay I was selling it!
GeneralGoldilocks
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Postby packylundholm » Mon May 15, 2017 9:30 pm

Howdy! Long time lurker, first time poster - I'm very interested, if you've still got it! I tried sending a PM but I'm not sure if it went through (/if I have permission, being a new account and all). I'd like to upgrade from my Wolph to something with proper electronics and that isn't a direct Irwin copy, this would be perfect...Please let me know, thanks!
packylundholm
welcome
welcome

Postby GeneralGoldilocks » Tue May 16, 2017 6:39 pm

packylundholm wrote:Howdy! Long time lurker, first time poster - I'm very interested, if you've still got it! I tried sending a PM but I'm not sure if it went through (/if I have permission, being a new account and all). I'd like to upgrade from my Wolph to something with proper electronics and that isn't a direct Irwin copy, this would be perfect...Please let me know, thanks!

I still have the guitar, I got your PM and I'll txt you. I just got it back from Brian with a clean bill of health, although I am out of town for work and haven't tried it out yet.
GeneralGoldilocks
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Return to Garage Sale