Wolf Inspired Project

Chat about Equipment Info

Re: Wolf Inspired Project

Postby hippieguy1954 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:28 pm

All I can say is WOW WOW WOW! And.....WOW WOW WOW! That is master work! It's right up there with the best of the best! :smile: :smile: :smile:
Jim

First show: 1973
Last show: 1994
hippieguy1954

Postby milobender » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:57 pm

Thanks man, I like it too :smile: The lines really came together on this one.
It's really difficult to be patient at this point :D Every day it looks like this, then it's sanded and coated again...

IO Custom Guitars
www.iocustomguitars.com
Everything we know is wrong...
milobender
Magic Hand
Magic Hand

Postby hippieguy1954 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:17 pm

Seems to me you know all about the adages of patience. It’s a quality with great benefits! :smile: :smile: :smile:
Jim

First show: 1973
Last show: 1994
hippieguy1954

Postby milobender » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:54 pm

Maybe the 'adages' :D

Anyway, it is amazing how this long, labor intensive process keeps adding color, and warmth, character, to it. The finish layer is really pretty tough (it has some sort of plastics with the tung oil) and it's quite thin, which I think sounds better... and it's pretty easily fixed after the inevitable ding in the future, or just a wear and tear makeover. :smile:
I just like that I don't need to spray anything, it's pretty benign to work with, the inevitable dust and lint isn't the end of the world :cool: and it works great :smile:
IO Custom Guitars
www.iocustomguitars.com
milobender
Magic Hand
Magic Hand

Postby milobender » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:07 am

Well, I've been putting off saying this... but things haven't changed so... as much as I really hate to say it:
This guitar was always intended to be a personal, gigging/work, guitar... but things being the way they are, I'm going to have to sell it instead... It should be done in about a week. If you are interested, please pm me and we can talk.

Brian
IO Custom Guitars
www.iocustomguitars.com
milobender
Magic Hand
Magic Hand

Postby milobender » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:53 am

Well, against all odds, interminable delays, family crisis, death of an inlaw, and financial insanity, the finish is finished! (It's been a trying couple of months) I'm starting on assembly today and finishing the back cover plate... barring any more as yet unseen craziness, I'll be plugging it in this weekend! :smile: :smile: :smile:
IO Custom Guitars
www.iocustomguitars.com
milobender
Magic Hand
Magic Hand

Postby milobender » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:21 am

Well I didn't anticipate creating an 'In-the-truest-Scottish-tradition' real prairie golf course over the weekend! :D :D What a blast!

Anyway, I did get the nut roughed and cut, and most of the electronics in... I had to take multiple breaks to play it, even without plugging it in... :smile: :smile: :smile: Another day or two now and I'll post sound clips.

IO Custom Guitars
www.iocustomguitars.com
milobender
Magic Hand
Magic Hand

Postby Rusty the Scoob » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:53 am

You can't sell that guitar, man, it's beautiful!
Rusty the Scoob

Postby broesau » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:43 am

Can you give us a breakdown of what all the knobs and switches do? I think I count 6 mini toggles.
broesau
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby milobender » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:53 pm

Rusty the Scoob wrote:You can't sell that guitar, man, it's beautiful!
Yeah, that's what was going round and round last night playing it... I made everything specifically to suit/fit me, and it does :smile: :smile: :smile: I'm afraid the only way I'll get out of selling it, is if someone buys some land we have for sale, straight away! :cool:

broesau wrote:Can you give us a breakdown of what all the knobs and switches do? I think I count 6 mini toggles.

The 3 inline toggles are series/parallel/single coil for each pup
The one closest to the jack is the OBEL Y/N switch
The one above it is the Blaster Fixed/Variable Gain Switch
And the one above the neck/mid tone control is for UGB/Blaster
Main Volume with pull up switch to bypass all the active electronics leaving a typical 'Passive' circuit
Tone for Neck/Mid
Tone for Bridge
5 way Fender style pup selector switch
Blaster Gain
LED

Front Cavity will hold 2 batteries for the time being, but it's big enough to put something else in there in the future.

I'm just trying to decide now, whether or not to have:
1) The UGB on all the time, into OBEL, into Blaster, Main Vol, out...
2) Or, as I have been doing on mods lately, having an either/or circuit with the UGB on OR the Blaster, into OBEL, Main Vol, out...

I know, the second way, the either/or, adds dirt before the effects if you have the Gain turned up, but with it in Unity Mode, it's pretty clean, and it sounds pretty good this way...

I haven't tried it the first way... any thoughts?

Brian
IO Custom Guitars
www.iocustomguitars.com
milobender
Magic Hand
Magic Hand

Postby broesau » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:38 pm

I dig the idea of being able to go totally passive. Does the UGB/Blaster switch let you decide which one you want to use? Like if you weren't using the OBEL you would just go with the Blaster? Beautiful piece of work you have there and from looking at your website building guitars isn't your only area of expertise, your house is amazing.
broesau
Terrapin
Terrapin

Postby milobender » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:52 am

Yeah, I think I'll go with the either/or circuit... I like the difference... so it will be either the Wald UGB OR the Blaster.

Thanks for the complements on the house :smile: We've got 40 acres next to us for sale... :smile: :smile: :smile: ...and here in Wyoming, there are no building codes out in the county still, you can build whatever you like! Lot's of sun and wind, easy to live off grid. :cool:
IO Custom Guitars
www.iocustomguitars.com
milobender
Magic Hand
Magic Hand

Postby Tennessee Jedi » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:17 am

Amazing work Brian ....
Bet you cant wait to rip it up on that bad boy !
:-)
Tennessee Jedi

Postby milobender » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:55 am

:smile: :smile: :smile: Thanks Dude! I played it last night til my fingers hurt so bad I had to quit :smile: :smile: :smile:

The sustain is amazing, and it's quite tonally different than the JerryCaster. I had the Zoom recorder on, I'll see if anything is worth posting... I was really all over the place though... lots of new possibilities and, wait, A NEW LEARNING CURVE! :D :D :D One issue for the clips though... I don't have a really clean preamp (read: I need and SMS!) I'm using a Rivera TBR1M for the preamp, and it seems to be impossible to get a really clean signal at any real volume... so you'll have to use your imaginations a bit :smile:

I'll put the cover plate on the back today and take some pics... everything is done but to polish the nut, glue it in, do a final adjustment on the intonation, and do the front cover plate, which I have a design for now.
IO Custom Guitars
www.iocustomguitars.com
milobender
Magic Hand
Magic Hand

Postby keirweir » Wed May 02, 2012 7:26 am

This thing is awesome man!

Me wanty

Image[/quote]
keirweir