Lindy Fralin Vintage Hot's

Chat about Equipment Info

Lindy Fralin Vintage Hot's

Postby Deadhead85 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:09 pm

I've been looking into the Lindy Fralin Vintage Hot single coil pickup set. The mid pup is reverse wound, and it says that the bridge is available with a reverse wound by request, for no additional charge. Would getting the bridge pup reverse wound, cut down on any hum or buzz typically heard in Strat pups??
Deadhead85
Ice Cream!
Ice Cream!

Re: Lindy Fralin Vintage Hot's

Postby waldo041 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:44 pm

Deadhead85 wrote:I've been looking into the Lindy Fralin Vintage Hot single coil pickup set. The mid pup is reverse wound, and it says that the bridge is available with a reverse wound by request, for no additional charge. Would getting the bridge pup reverse wound, cut down on any hum or buzz typically heard in Strat pups??

No is the answer. I suspect it is available for a wiring that allows for the neck and bridge to be used at the same time. The reverse wound is used when 2 single coils are used, like the between positions (2 & 4) on a 5 way, to hum cancel eachother. But when used in single coil reverse or non reversed coils will still exhibit single coil noise.

~waldo
Disclaimer: I only make, modify or build things for those that seek what i may be able to provide.
waldo041

Postby Dozin » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:11 pm

Weir has these in his Hoeg guitar. He's using a Suhr noise cancellation backplate. I can't find their website. However, Farlin offers the same thing. http://www.fralinpickups.com/bpncs.asp
"Without love in the dream
it will never come true"
Dozin

Postby Sparque_Phiir » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:06 pm

Anyone ever try his Steel Pole pickups? They seem like they might sound similar to an SDS-1...
Sparque_Phiir
welcome
welcome

Return to Grateful Dead Equipment Discussion