Louis Electric Amplifiers

Chat about Equipment Info

Re: Louis Electric Amplifiers

Postby Jon S. » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:48 am

Exactly! It's patent and transparent, isn't it? Like then, why the outrage? Let the market sort it out.
/ `--'(
< [] []////////|::: )
\_.--.(
Jon S.

Postby jkstraw » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:48 pm

barefootdave wrote:It does , however, seem a bit suspicious that a guy who would purchase a Louis amp and post about it would not post a follow up comment? Could have been nothing more than a thinly disguised sales pitch...?

Hey barefootdave - are you referring to me?
jkstraw
Jerry
Jerry

Postby barefootdave » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:08 am

No jkstraw, not at all. I meant the OP in this thread, who apparently logged in once to make his initial comments which consisted of little more than the link to the new Captain Trips page. You actually provided info that I found helpful, since you have one of these and can share actual experience instead of assumptions. I use my Fractal mostly, but have several amps that don't get played much. I got an MC250 from someone on this board awhile back, but haven't even hooked it up and will probably wait until I get an SMS someday. I am interested in the Louis amp, the videos sound very nice. I am going to Chicago next week for work, and noticed that Louis has a dealer there; might call them to see if they have one I can hear.

I have purchased many things based on reviews from members here (Moriarty, Fractal, MC250, JBLs, Tru-Tron, etc.) and appreciate those who share their experience more than those who say "not worth it" when in fact they have never been in the same room with the item they are speaking of. Everyone has a right to their own opinion, and I believe this board is an excellent place to voice those opinions. I just value opinions based on fact more than those that are not. The Deluxe and Vibroverb are probably a much better value, but as has been mentioned, not everyone needs to save the money. At this point in my life (almost 50 yrs old) I want to spend less time searching and more time playing, so plunking down some extra cash to get something I think will deliver what I want the first time has value for me personally. Many think the purchase of a Fractal isn't worth it; for me it is one of the best investments of my life because it delivers the sounds I want every time I turn it on, which is pretty much every day.

There are many options for those seeking THE TONE. No question that the Louis is expensive, $3500 is serious money in my book. Might not be worth it to most, but you (jkstraw) really seem to like yours...
Barefoot Dave
"His job is too shed light, not to master"
barefootdave
Billy
Billy

Postby TI4-1009 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:31 am

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion- but not their own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan
"Do not write so that you can be understood, write so that you cannot be misunderstood." -Epictetus

First show: 8/16/69 (Woodstock)
Last show: 3/19/95 (Unbroken Chain breakout)
Member of the Four-Decade Club
Charter Member, President & CEO of OAD (Order of the Ancient Deadheads)
TI4-1009

Postby Jon S. » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:14 am

"Half of what you read on the Internet is wrong." Abraham Lincoln
/ `--'(
< [] []////////|::: )
\_.--.(
Jon S.

Postby MikeInMarin » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:40 pm

Anyone else curious about what power amp is being used on this amp, and what it is based on ? 4 KT90s with 150 Watts ?

That probably adds a significant amount to the cost, as it does not seem very common, according to google, as far as guitar amps go. I would love to hear a comparison vs a McIntosh and see if it is an accurate substitute.
MikeInMarin
Aoxomoxoa
Aoxomoxoa

Previous

Return to Grateful Dead Equipment Discussion